came here for Me and Your Sometimes Love Poems (1 Viewer)

what a neat place! I'm sure there are a million other better Bukowski poems you think I could be reading..But I was interested in these having never heard of them before!

Has B ever written scholarly/journalistic kinda stuff? Prose? Would love to read!

I'm sure there are a million other better Bukowski poems you think I could be reading
My opinion of Me and Your Sometimes Love Poems is well-known. It contains a very good to excellent Buk poem or two (An Answer to a Critic of Sorts was recently pointed out to me) and also contains some of the worst poetry I've ever read (both by Buk and Linda King) by any writers in any genre or in in any decade, century or millenia. Happy Buk = crap more often than not (hence why The Bluebird doesn't work for me, even if it is more sensitive/melancholy as opposed to happy).

Check out The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses Over the Hills, Mockingbird Wish Me Luck and Burning in Water Drowning in Flame for poems that will rivet your feet to the floor.

Last edited:
hey molly, definitely check out the poetry as suggested by Purple Stickpin. Also the previous suggestion to check out Ham on Rye if you're looking for novels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back