Did Bukowski ever say anything about Vonnegut? (1 Viewer)

Howdy all!

Years back, I think I read everything on the database. Lets call it a Bukowski binge, lets.

I've always been curious if Bukowski or Vonnegut or Thompson ever met each other, or at least exchanged correspondence. I know writers in the pass had their "breakfast clubs" with their contemporaries. I'm just wondering if they even spoke a word to each other?

Thanks
mmm888

I have never heard or read of Bukowski ever commenting on Vonnegut.

Pamela 'Cupcakes' went to lengths in her biography to describe Bukowski's reading habits (I think that Hannah played a part in helping her, as reflected in the books acknowledgement), and she describes his reading habits as very limited. He did most of his reading in the 30s' and 40's.

Hey!

Thank you so much for the information. The fact that there was no correspondence between these fouls (Bukowski, Vonnegut, Thompson) surprises me or shouldn't. A different age.

2023 is going to be a great year, I swear!

Pamela 'Cupcakes' went to lengths in her biography to describe Bukowski's reading habits (I think that Hannah played a part in helping her, as reflected in the books acknowledgement), and she describes his reading habits as very limited. He did most of his reading in the 30s' and 40's.
John Thomas also said he wasn't as well-read as he made himself out to be. But considering how often he wrote, that's completely understandable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back