Feminist criticism - real, actual, recorded in black & white? (1 Viewer)

ya, ya... well I am entitled to use bad grammar, because I am
a) a foreigner,
b) don't have an education

and if you don't give a shit, why did you answer?

So it only matters when other people do it, not you. Got it.

Just want to be sure what the rules are.

I am a foreigner, don't have an education
Hi. Hey, which kind of foreign are you? What is the age of consent where you are right now? Does your country have strict extradition laws? Could you tell me a little about your feet? Can we meet in an AOL chat room? Email me. I can make your life MUCH better. I have MILLIONS of Japanese yen and many Yankee dollar.

Oh, are you male or female?

So it only matters when other people do it, not you. Got it.

Just want to be sure what the rules are.

First: I have said Phd "without the correct abbreviation", because that was the way the twerp who started the thread wrote it.

No, you did not "get" my point at all, I think you have quite spectacularly misunderstood it in fact.

Why is it so hard to get that a guy who has a first degree in literature should be able to notice that he is CONSISTENTLY spelling a word incorrectly?

A certified chef should be able to fry a steak or make an omelette. A person who is not claiming to be a professional chef, does not need to be able to do these things, but still can say to the chef: "hey man, that omelette is curdled". And if the chef CONSISTENTLY delivers curdled omelettes, it is reasonable to make the conclusion that he does not know how to make an omelette, and it is reasonable to wonder how he could have gotten all these certificates without being able to make an omelette.
Now you are telling me that it is ok for him not to be able to do it, whilst at the same time telling me that I am an arse for pointing this out, because I ONCE made an undercooked soufflé, even though I have never claimed to be a professional chef.
You are a funny one.

Last edited by a moderator:
could you make mine with just egg whites? maybe with feta and spinach? and a black coffee. thanks.

oh, and could you refill my water? thanks again.

Hi. Hey, which kind of foreign are you? What is the age of consent where you are right now? Does your country have strict extradition laws? Could you tell me a little about your feet? Can we meet in an AOL chat room? Email me. I can make your life MUCH better. I have MILLIONS of Japanese yen and many Yankee dollar.

Oh, are you male or female?

I am in the UK, so I guess if you are interested in playing with little girls then this is not the optimal place to come to, since the pedos get a bit of a rough treatment from the big boys in jails here.

What does it matter if I am male or female anyway?

What does it matter if I am male or female anyway?
Oh, it doesn't matter. I just want to prepare for our meeting properly, so it helps to know gender in advance. If you are not sure of your gender, or are somewhere between, that's fine too. When are you going to EMAIL me?! The longer you make me WAIT the more ANGRY I'm going to get! I have purchased a bus ticket for you, tell me WHERE to send it!

Well I've certainly been put in my place. Miss-spelling words & asking about "feminist criticism" that, as someone helpfully pointed out earlier, actually doesn't exist...

I'm guessing most of the feminist criticism of Bukowski back in the 1970s was verbal, rather than written. They dismissed him, disliked him, thought him unimportant, so why would they bother writing about him?

The point of my original question was only that Bukowski is often discussed, framed and heroised in the context of being more complicated than many detractors (feminists and otherwise) have given him credit for. The fact that very few of those detractors have actually set their opinions down in writing needs to be taken account of, to avoid reacting to "straw men (or women)" when discussing or writing about Bukowski's complexity and importance.

I'm just not cleat what gave the impression I "hadn't even done a few searches" or any background reading?

To those who have been helpful, I thank you again. I'm not, as it turns out, addressing gender issues specifically or exclusively in my project (plus that already been done by Martha Evans in "Beaten, Fagged and Fucked": Constructs of Masculinity in Charles Bukowski - which I think somebody mentioned earlier with a negative reaction? It's actually quite well done and not a reductive or negative account of Bukowski's work by any means ... wasn't sure why they hated on it so much). But if I do happen to turn up any original documents that might be of interest, I'll be sharing them.

Cheers.

I meant that "so why would they bother writing about him?" as a rhetorical question, not a put down addressed to you. I hope that's clear. I thought you raised an interesting question. This is a contentious forum, but I wouldn't take it personally.

Good answer. Very Buk.

By the way Rekrab I wasn't talking about/criticising your quote in my post before. I genuinely found that input helpful and understood that it was a rhetorical question ("so why would they bother writing about him?")

Okay. I thought maybe the tone of what I said was misunderstood. I have a knack for pissing people off without meaning to, so I am constantly checking myself, asking if I've offended, and even getting into trouble sometimes doing that. Two left feet verbally.

yeah, but do you have the Cat Fancy leap year special issue of January 1996 with the variant Siamese cover? no? really?

I didn't think so. poser.

[snipping myself here] ... I have a knack for pissing people off without meaning to [...]

Seems I am proving this almost daily. Not just here: everywhere. I should walk around with a t-shirt that has a big arrow pointing up at my mouth and the words "Ignore everything he says."

yeah, but do you have the Cat Fancy leap year special issue of January 1996 with the variant Siamese cover? no? really?

I didn't think so. poser.
THE JOKE IS ON YOU! I have ALL THREE: the "regular" cover, the "hologram" cover and the "scratch n' sniff" cover. AND I have TWO COPIES of EACH!

Blow it out your ASS, HONKEY!

It reached a '50' out of '100' on my MULLI-o-meter. Come on, MULLI, you can do better than that. Remember, we believe in you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back