from the LA Freep, March 8, 1974 (1 Viewer)

Looking at the email notes it finally came back to me that I was only sending prose entries to Cirerita back in 2007. He had done the poems already. So I just added poem titles to the email notes. That is what this and the next word doc included in the zip files are all about. Mainly.

1974 la freep.

[Removed dead link. -ed.]

Still more great stuff? To quote Mae West, "Too much of a good thing is...wonderful!".
What a great way to start the new year, by reading all the Dirty Old Man columns.
Thanks a lot, Digney! Happy New year!

What's interesting and cool to learn is that he also had "columns" that were made up of poems. I never dug too deeply into the weeklies. So the myth of him typing away madly to meet a weekly deadline sometimes meant throwing some poems at them instead. He didn't always make the deadline, is what I get from that. "Oh, hell, it's Friday - here's some poems, run them instead."

Also a good way to introduce people to the poetry who might not otherwise buy a collection of poems. Crafty bastard.

There's even a story in one of the last two batches about him missing a deadline. First he misses a deadline and next week he writes a story about it. Pretty clever.

There's also a bunch of drawings in those columns we have'nt seen before!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx Digney, for your sweet trying, a new original Buk-world is popping up for us, heard a lot about these notes, now, first time we really can see them,

now I'm gonna sound like a spoiled brat, but could we please get the poems too?

looks like Burroughs wanted some cut-up action. we're flattered, having attracted his attention, didn't know yet - him strolling around forums posthumously, though

[...] Is someone willing to upload/share them again? [...]
Request heartily seconded.

I'd be available to do so, but the size of the whole paket is too big to have it stored on my free Dropbox (or anywhere free) forever.
Only thing I could offer is a temporary upload. But then, I guess our master here has much better capabilities to even store the whole bunch without any time-limitation. mjp?

I have the files here somewhere. When I find them I'll put them up.

Those file upload/download sites are not a long term solution. And some of them will drop things onto your computer that you don't want to be there. None of them are motivated by altruism.

I have the files here somewhere. When I find them I'll put them up.
Great, thanks!
up.gif

Those file upload/download sites are not a long term solution.
I guess it depends on what you believe a long term solution is.
Some (huge) files I had uploaded at 4Shared & MediaFire back in 2008 are still live and kicking. Just saying.

Last edited:
I believe a long term solution doesn't break forum threads like this one.

An attachment stays with the forum, a link dies eventually. Every one of them.

An attachment stays with the forum, a link dies eventually. Every one of them.
I agree, but the snag is most forums do not allow huge attachments.
:((

I am in no way affiliated with/to any of the file-sharing sites mentioned. :D

Charlie is renamed Charles in Burning in Water Drowning in Flame (and the rape/gang bang reference is removed).

There are a lot of examples of lines being dropped in Black Sparrow books that don't look like they were dropped on purpose. Transcription errors maybe, but at this point who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back