Help! Treasure found! (1 Viewer)

I buy estates and storage units. I bought a huge 20'x20'x10' storage unit in May. I've found tons of great stuff and many Bukowski 1st editions. Tonight, I found a book titled Bastard by S Clay Wilson from 1984. The first page is a quote from William S Burroughs, and the second page is a quote from Charles Bukowski. The pages are signed by William S Burroughs and Charles Bukowski, respectively. I know what books signed by them individually go for. Has anyone ever seen a book signed by both? Any idea on value? They are definitely live signatures. And they appear 100% authentic. I sell rare, antique, and collectible books for a living, lots of signed books. I know how to do my research. I've seen and found many books that left me speechless, but I literally almost fainted when I opened this book.

I sell rare, antique, and collectible books for a living, lots of signed books. I know how to do my research.
I did about five seconds of research and learned that those are printed facsimile signatures.

Even if they weren't, why would a Bukowski or Burroughs collector want one of those signatures in a Wilson book? I'm not trying to be a dick, but you seem really excited over something that - even if it was real, which it's not - would be pretty unremarkable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back