Invisible City -Number Three-November, 1971 - 4 Buk poems (1 Viewer)

Invisible City No.3 , 1971. Four Buk Poems:

THE WRITER ( uncollected?)
2 Carnations ( uncollected?)
pleasure song ( uncollected?)
The Shower ( " Mockingbird. . . "

image-(1).jpg

image-(2).jpg

image-(3).jpg

image-(4).jpg

image-(5).jpg

It looks as if Days runaway is attempting to compile a complete collection of Buk in the littles. An admirable undertaking that should only take about 60-70 years and limitless resources.

Johannes: you very welcome

mjp: thanks for the correction

Purple: Prob 2 incarnations, For now, I'm giving myself a decade to annex the more scarcer ones that are still relatively inexpensive. I do have a complete run of Invisible City and will post 4 & 5 shortly.

---Days

Oops. . . 4 & 7

should only take about 60-70 years and limitless resources.
But all you'd have to do is buy everything in Dorbin, Krumhansl and maybe Fogel, right? Isn't that all of it?

Clearly they missed some things here and there. Maybe more than some. But then they didn't have the Internet that we have.

Actually Fogel does list Invisible City, but since he doesn't include contents his lists aren't very useful. I should probably add the titles anyway, but there are a lot of things I should do.

Oops. . . 4 & 7
Fogel says 4 and 8. ;)

But all you'd have to do is buy everything in Dorbin, Krumhansl and maybe Fogel, right? Isn't that all of it?
And of course the not so trivial matter of locating a copy of Write. I don't know how comprehensive a list you'd get by aggregating those three publications you listed. As you say, they must have missed some items here and there. I get the feeling that there must be some 10-20% that you just can't find very easily (and some we just don't know about; magazines, etc.). And how often do The Genius of the Crowd, A Signature of Charles Bukowski Poetry or Bukowski Signature 2 come up for sale even if one could afford them?

Really dig that Basted piece -- those first 3 verses pack a wallop

I prefer this style to his more "narrative one"; the rhythm, the stiletto lines, the flaring off into space and under the earth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back