New quarterly poetry magazine: MILK #1 - Call for submissions (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are now accepting pre-orders on our webpage at www.milkpoetrymagazine.com/current.html.

After you click the "Buy Me" button at the bottom of the page, you will be taken to a paypal shopping cart to complete the transaction. If you would like to arrange payment by any method other than paypal, please PM me.

The first issue is limited to 200 copies with letterpressed covers. We will begin shipments in July.

The price is only $5 plus shipping.

While you're on the webpage, check out all of the latest updates. News, links, poet bios and more at www.milkpoetrymagazine.com.

A big thanks to everyone who has already pre-ordered their copies. About half of the 200 copies have already been accounted for, and we haven't even finished printing yet.

We are indebted to Bill at BoS Press - he spent a good portion of his weekend letterpressing the covers for us. Thanks, Bill!

The first issue should be ready to mail within about 2 weeks. In the meantime, here are a couple of preview pics.

Milk 1 covers.jpg

Milk 1 inked plate.jpg

Thanks, marina, for the pics. All this:

David Barker
Lisa Birman
Dave Donovan
Dan Fante
Nathan Graziano
Andrew Hilbert
Stephen Hines
Jordan Hurder
Justin Hyde
Richard Krech
Linda Lerner
Lyn Lifshin
Ellaraine Lockie
Gerald Locklin
Hosho McCreesh
Brian McGettrick
Brown Miller
Jack Moxie
Michael Phillips
Charles Plymell
M.P. Powers
William Taylor, Jr.
A.D. Winans

for $5 seems a sin and if this doesn't sell out then truly there's little wisdom in this world.

I am going to buy a few copies. It would be well worth buying more than one copy of this. Think about how cool it would be, in 5 years, when these are impossible to find, to give one to a friend and get them started in the world of the small press...

Or, you can look at it like this: In a few years, these copies of #1 will be sold at a premium....

Bill

To Marina, Is there a plan to sell subscriptions? The up side is that you know how many copies will be presold, the down side is that you often will spend the money before the issues are printed...

looking forward to holding one of these in my little grubby hands.

I'll wash my hands first.

Is there a plan to sell subscriptions?

My feeling on this is that we should commit to the first 4 issues (one year) and then evaluate whether we will continue. If yes, at that point subscriptions would be viable. I haven't talked to Josh about it, but if after a few issues we decide not to continue and have unfulfilled subscription obligations, that could be a pain in the ass.

Beautiful cover, the works. Nice job.

Thanks. Wait until you see the contents... some very strong pieces from some very talented poets in there.

I will buy the remaining 100 copies.

But before I can send you the $500, I need you to send me $500 via Western Union so I know you are legit. Once I get the $500 from you, I will deposit $1500 into your PayPal account.

The extra $500 is for your trouble. It comes from the estate of my Great Uncle, who was the Nigerian Minister of Coal and Corrugated Cardboard. He died in a coup attempt and left $504M USD in a trunk that I had to ship to Pennsylvania in order to have it properly counted. In my misery and grief it was a blessing to have an American volunteer to help me with the task.

God bless you in your endeavours!

Sounds good! But first, so that we can verify that you're legitimate, we'll need you to post a photo of yourself sucking on a goats tit while holding a baby bottle in one hand and a sign in the other that says "ME LOVE ME SOME MILK, BWANA DEVIL!"

As soon as you do that we can proceed.

Speaking of the devil, I received this email a few hours ago:

Complement of the day to you,
Fra: [email protected] Modtaget: 29. juni 2010 kl. 18:33:47
Modtagere: "BARRISTER EDWIN WILLIAMS" <[email protected]>
CC:
Vedhæftede filer:

Dear

Complement of the day to you, please pardon me if i interfere into your privacy, my name is Miss kelina.. amadou Age 24, height 5 ft 11 inches, weight 61 i am the only daughter of Late Dr Amadou Adama from Ivory Coast in west Africa, my father was the owner of (Adama Cocoa Industries Limited) and he was a personal adviser to our former Head of State. I observed you are an important personality before i made up my mind to contact you. Please i will like to know more about you because i have with me some funds which i will like to invest in a good business. I wish you could be honest to me so that i can go into this investment with you by my self and i will also need your good advices.

First of all, I will like to know what you do for a living; remember you caught my attention that was why i contacted you in the first place. You will know me more as we communicate along. I shall send my pictures to you in my next e-mail; I will like you to send me your pictures for my perusal.
this my email adress [email protected]

Thanks for your understanding, hoping to hear from you soon.

From my heart,
kelina amadou adama

It comes from the estate of my Great Uncle, who was the Nigerian Minister of Coal and Corrugated Cardboard.

"... i am the only daughter of Late Dr Amadou Adama from Ivory Coast in west Africa, my father was the owner of (Adama Cocoa Industries Limited) and he was a personal adviser to our former Head of State."

Pretty close, right? :D

Sounds good! But first, so that we can verify that you're legitimate, we'll need you to post a photo of yourself sucking on a goats tit while holding a baby bottle in one hand and a sign in the other that says "ME LOVE ME SOME MILK, BWANA DEVIL!"

As soon as you do that we can proceed.
Is this close enough for 10 more, let's say?

goatTittyBeer.png

Just reserved my copy, sad to admit that I spent more than this issue costs on a damn burger from McDonalds today, fuck!

To Marina, Is there a plan to sell subscriptions?

Yeah, we'll probably end up doing subscriptions eventually. Like chronic said, I'd rather wait until we have a few issues under our belt and then see how it goes. If the first two issues sell out, we may do subscriptions for the 4 issues in 2011.

By the way, there are about 50 or so copies left. If you're thinking about pulling the trigger, you may want to do it soon.

[...] The extra $500 is for your trouble. It comes from the estate of my Great Uncle, who was the Nigerian Minister of Coal and Corrugated Cardboard. [...]
You can keep the coal part, but I wouldn't mind being minister of corrugated cardboard. Think of it. Mountains of cardboard, all brown and corrugated. You'd rule in the recyling world. That sounds like a plush assignment.

Not new, but freshly added to the site. I did a small update yesterday and wanted to fill in some empty space. I have the books sitting here and am going to meet up with Josh to deliver them today. Contributors and anyone who pre-ordered should have them in their filthy little hands very soon.

MILK 1 is out the door!

All domestic orders shipped this morning. International orders will ship tomorrow morning (due to the customs paperwork).

Milk 1 spread.jpg

Milk 1 cover.jpg

Milk 1 title.jpg

Very nice, and just in time as I've had to deal with some shitty literature this summer, this will be a nice break from the garbage.

Allright! I ordered the damn thing, now stop taunting me!!!

Seriously, though, I can't wait for this. Congrats on getting it all together.

got mine in the mail today! thanks guys - this looks great. i'm honored to be a part of the milkbreaking issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back