donkeys live a long time
Six poems by Bukowski:

skinny-dipping
note in and from a bottle
perfect
see here you
anyhow
i'm flattered.

skinny-dipping, note in and from a bottle and perfect are all the same as the manuscripts except for one line break change in the first and a typo correction in the second.

see here you and anyhow are uncollected? (I'll wait for Hank Solo to correct me here.)

And i'm flattered is collected in Sifting but there are major edits/changes in what appears in Slipstream and Sifting.

The last three scanned.

seehereyou.jpg

anyhow.jpg

flattered.jpg

See here, you is collected with small changes in The Last Night of the Earth Poems. and Anyhow is collected (with changes) as Regardless in Slouching Toward Nirvana. :wb:

See here, you is collected with small changes in The Last Night of the Earth Poems. and Anyhow is collected (with changes) as Regardless in Slouching Toward Nirvana. :wb:
And the third poem, I'm Flattered, was changed ("many nuts read me who didn't read Shakespeare." expanded into "sometimes it seems that only the disabled and insane like to read my books, the ones who can't quite grasp Chaucer." for instance) and collected in Sifting Through the Madness...

Oops, DiB had already noticed the same thing:
And i'm flattered is collected in Sifting but there are major edits/changes in what appears in Slipstream and Sifting.
The First appearances material anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back