Recent content by Pogue Mahone Athbheoim

  1. Pogue Mahone Athbheoim

    The Buk Shop

    I wrote and article about some letters Bukowski sent to Ben Tibbs. If you see anything incorrect, please let me know. Charles Bukowski Letters to Ben Tibbs
  2. Pogue Mahone Athbheoim

    Database updated

    Thanks Hannah
  3. Pogue Mahone Athbheoim

    Half-Truth 15 (Aug/Sept 1993): The Dolls from Hell

    Regarding my comment about 1990s poems lacking depth, this is a pretty imortal line: I'd stare at a high-heeled shoe in the closet as if that contained all the soul and magic of the universe
  4. Pogue Mahone Athbheoim

    Half-Truth 15 (Aug/Sept 1993): The Dolls from Hell

    I've always felt the 1990s poems were really strong. They lacked the depth of his earlier work, but it was like he was trying to go another 12 rounds at the end. And he kept sending unsolicited work to these unknown magazines, just like he did in the 1960s. But at this point, one copy goes to...
  5. Pogue Mahone Athbheoim

    Hors Commerce Press

    On the Fringes of the Small Press Scene: Solving the Hors Commerce Press Mystery
  6. Pogue Mahone Athbheoim

    New Dog Two Vol. 1 No. 2 (1987) - Windows and The Ultimate Driving Machine

    You're right, it's a good poem, just not great. lt's hit or miss in the mid-to-late 1980s. I'd say the exception is Wormwood -- either because he sent his best stuff there or Malone wouldn't publish what others would. On the otherhand, he was cranking out short stories for Oui and High Times...
  7. Pogue Mahone Athbheoim

    New Dog Two Vol. 1 No. 2 (1987) - Windows and The Ultimate Driving Machine

    This magazine isn't in the database. Nothing immortal, but two uncollected nonetheless
  8. Pogue Mahone Athbheoim

    Looking for LA Free Press April 19 1974

    Nice Digney. He did variations on the drawing, but I swear I've seen this one before.
  9. Pogue Mahone Athbheoim

    Public House Bookshop/Urgency Press Rip-Off edition of Notes of a Dirty Old Man

    I also came across this while looking at the shop catalog. Two things in one day that I didn't know existed. I couldn't find anything about it in the forum: https://www.thirdmindbooks.com/pages/books/8448/charles-bukowski/broadside-postcard-from-cows-in-art-class-with-black-sparrow-press-bookmark
  10. Pogue Mahone Athbheoim

    Top Ten Bukowski-Quotes

    I read it, but also felt sad while reading it at the time. I would have been 26.
  11. Pogue Mahone Athbheoim

    Public House Bookshop/Urgency Press Rip-Off edition of Notes of a Dirty Old Man

    A customer shared this listing with me, so I thought I'd post it here. I really love Third Mind Books. I modeled my descriptions after them -- they always tell a story...
  12. Pogue Mahone Athbheoim

    Uncle Jimmy Has Forgiven You - Half-Truth Summer 1993

    This one isn't in the database and I'm not sure if he shared this story elsewhere, but it's a fun bookend.
  13. Pogue Mahone Athbheoim

    VIEWS, Vol. 5, No. 2, 1959

    Someone has a copy on ABE: $450. It's interesting neither made it into an early chapbook. Maybe he never got a copy or just didn't like them.
Back
Top