• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

1985 Calendar (1 Viewer)

I believe that some were made as prototypes but they never mass produced because Martin or Bukowski or both were not pleased with the results. I could be wrong about this but that's the story I heard and I'm sticking with it. They are hideous and that they were never released is no surprise to me. I don't have one in my collection and am not interested in obtaining one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just reading "get the nose" in the archives and saw that Buk misspelt the word as well:

"death is every second, punk.
the calander is death. the sheets are death . . . "

For a brief second I thought about this 'calendar' and how they might have chosen the same misspelling... alas, too good of a thought to be true.
All hope for this thing has dissipated.

Calender is a word, actually. Some sort of press - used in agriculture or manufacturing? But yeah, looks like Bukowski meant "calendar" in GET THE NOSE.

"Calendar" is a process used in paper-making whereby the paper stock is run between polished steel rollers under high pressure to give a desired smoothness and in some cases a "gloss".

Ha - 15 years in the business, I should have remembered that...

But I spend a lot of time trying to forget many of those years. ;)

as a collector i'd probably buy it...
but it does look REALLY bad, very CHEAP and POORLY produced.
you see one a couple times a year on ebay, and the prices keep going up and up. Everything is collectable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back