• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

261263261322 (1 Viewer)

since when is Scott Harrison selling forgeries?
or do we have to readjust everything we ever knew about Buk-signatures?
P1160182.JPG

roni, I don't think that that is a forgery. Maybe its the perspective putting you off. The type looks legit.

Edit: Okay, the Charles isn't particular 'crisp' but I think it has enough going for it to pass mustard with me at least.

rat_poison.jpg

of course I didn't expect Scott to sell real forgeries. just wanted to share this extraordinaire signature as - to me - nearly everything about it screams fake.

(the "ch", the "B", the second "k", the obvious un-fluency of the whole thing, making it look like a children's writing...)

It would be tough to fake that broken/misaligned 'e' key.

That is a wonky signature, but something tells me a forger would write a date under the signature, since most manuscripts are dated. But Bukowski didn't start dating the manuscript until 1971.

Plus it's Scott Harrison. He's a nut, but I would trust him on any Bukowski item.

He's asking a premium price for that combo though, and I don't think it's justified. Especially since Martin trimmed the manuscript to make it fit into the book, which makes it less valuable. As a manuscript, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back