Abandoned Philadelphia savings account (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
From The Philadelphia Inquirer, July 17, 1950.

Seems like someone may have forgotten something when they left town a few years earlier...

BukSavings.jpg

I think it's our Henry Charles, since the time frame and the address make sense. If you look at the map of where he lived and worked in Philadelphia, this Camac St. address puts him near the Nabisco factory (and the Tioga branch of that bank), which would make it a 1944 address.

That $12.95 in the mid-40s is the equivalent of about $185 today, so it's surprising he left it behind.

Wohoo how did you find that?

Maybe it had something to do with him being jailed because of supposedly draft dodging?

how did you find that?
I had to check one of the newspaper sites for something else, so I just did a few searches to to see if anything new had popped up for Bukowski. This new Philadelphia address and the Oakland blood drive article were nice to find.

I have a few Jane things here too, but they're just birth and divorce announcements, and two little blurbs about her visiting her mother (I guess that's news in a small town like Roswell). They're probably already in Petey's Jane thread(s), I haven't checked yet.

I have a few Jane things here too, but they're just birth and divorce announcements

Please post the divorce announcement in the Jane thread, maybe we have now the final confirmation that Jane and Craig were married twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back