all the assholes.... I'm confused....What is this... (1 Viewer)

nervas

more crickets than friends
So I came upon this on Amazon.

assworld.jpg

It lists it as 610 pages and as an OCR re-print? States it may have typos, and errors. I'm not interested in buying it, I just can't understand what this is? I mean, it looks like someone just re-printed assholes and is selling it? But there seems to be several for sale?

Ooops, I tried to post this in the books, publications section. Mods feel free to move if it's better suited over there. Thanks.

It's an OCR reprint, which is basically made by scanning an image and transforming the image so it can be used by a text editor. This may explain why there's a disclaimer about errors/typos. If it's anywhere near as accurate as the text autofill on my phone, the term "yellow piss-bird" would end up reading as "yarbled pizza."

I've no idea why it's listed as being 610 pages. ATAITWAM clocks in at 23 pages of actual text, less the title, etc.

Yeh, I knew it was nowhere near 610 pages? But who is making money on this? By your explanation P.S. it seems legal?

It's some bootleg shit, I think we discussed it before. But it's probably got nothing at all to do with the rare chapbook of the same name.

ATAITWAM was printed in 1966 by Douglas Blazek of Open Skull Press. Later, it was reprinted by BSP in South of No North. As such, it would seem to me that ecco/HarperCollins owns the rights to it.

It's some bootleg shit, I think we discussed it before. But it's probably got nothing at all to do with the rare chapbook of the same name.

Yeah, I remember this coming up before. It's some sort of technical book that's listed under the wrong title. Nothing to do with Bukowski.

I think it was ridiculously expensive too.

Oh, I see. That would be the reason for the 610 pages? Wow, I really thought someone was just like re-printing the work, and selling it.

Thanks for the info everyone.

It's some sort of technical book that's listed under the wrong title. Nothing to do with Bukowski.

Technical instructions for hemorrhoid surgery? Perhaps there's a tenuos connection to Buk after all.

Sorry, I was doing a search for a thread I'll likely start and this came up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back