Anvil! The Story of Anvil (1 Viewer)

chronic

old and in the way
Watched Anvil! The Story of Anvil last night and was a little surprised that I really enjoyed it, considering how much I dislike metal. A documentary about a Canadian metal band that was part of the first wave of that type of music and was considered very influential, but somehow missed the boat when it came to fame and big bucks, though they're still trying to hit it big after 30 years. On the one hand it's funny while on the other it's kind of cool to see these 50-something guys that are still true to their teenage ideals.

Recommended!

By the way, anyone aware of this website? They have a pretty good selection of older films ('30s-'60 or so) and it's free.

Great site for old films! There's even some films for the guys in The Pothead Thread, such as 'Marihuana' and 'Hemp For Victory'. :D
Thanks for the link, chronic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yer welcome Bukfan.

There's also the original Invaders from Mars, a classic creepy and surreal minimalist science fiction film by William Cameron Menzies, which is directly responsible for millions of childhood nightmares.

It's weird, but Invaders From Mars is not on the list under sci-fi!. The only movie on the sci-fi list from 1953 is Planet Outlaws. :confused:
Anyway, thanks for the link!

Btw, how come the screen on your link is so big? The screen I get at classiccinemaonline is no bigger than the screen at Youtube. Of course, it's possible to get a full screen, but yours seems to be somewhere in the middle of those two possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea why there's a difference in screen size and yeah, I noticed that IFM wasn't listed on the site. I originally found the classic film site by finding a link elsewhere to IFM.

Anvil is a great documentary. i saw it earlier this summer, and after the screening, Anvil played a 30 minute set. totally badass...and i'm no metal fan, that's for sure...

I have no idea why there's a difference in screen size and yeah, I noticed that IFM wasn't listed on the site. I originally found the classic film site by finding a link elsewhere to IFM.

Right! I deleted the last part of your link with the movie title and then clicked on it, and then I came to the Parent Directory which had a list of sci-fi movies. Some of the movies were on the official list and some were not - weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back