Barbet Schroeder website: Invitation (1 Viewer)

This article was an interesting read, especially now that I have the Bukowski Tapes on DVD to watch again.

Heh, good point.

If there's one thing I realized early on, is that if you look into your favorite writer's lives too close, you might become disappointed really fast. This has been exacerbated through the phenomenon of Twitter.

Although Buk did have some interesting episodes in his life, sitting in a room with the blinds down drinking alone could get boring after a few tweets.

"@Chinaski: One beer down, 5 to go."
"@Chinaski: almost done with this six-pack. Thinking about going to the store. Cat's looking at me funny"
"@Chinaski:Fuck it, went to the store, got me a few 6-packs. Tilt the bottle into the night"
"@Chinaski: Got a call from psycho bitch. Why won't these women leave me ALONE?"
"@Chinaski: Hum, went through that beer like fire. Ice-box is almost empty"
"@Chinaski: Cat pissed on the rug. I threw its orange ass outside the bungalow"

"@Chinaski: Taking a bath, brb"

Point taken.

I suppose if I can listen to 7 discs of the Stooges making one record I could (eventually) watch seven DVDs of Bukowski talking.

I suspect though, that a lot of it would be pretty uninteresting. Or pictures of him listening to someone else talk. But would I buy it and watch it? Yeah.

Thanks serotta! I wasn't aware of the link Barbet Schroeder/late Éric Rohmer though I have seen most of this latter's films! I have never noticed Shroeder's name in the closing credits.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome; Yes, Barbet Schroeder and Eric Rohmer go way way back. He produced all of the Rohmer's "Six Contes Moraux" series ("Moral Tales": Claire's Knee, Ma Nuit Chez Maude...etc) I believe the films say "Les Film du Losange", which is Barbet Schroeder's production company that he started at age 23, not his own name.

and thanks to all the visitors from bukowski.net!

Good looking website! The Bukowski Tapes piece was interesting to read.
Thanks alot; I've been working hard on the site for months. The design has been tough because Barbet Schroeder wants it as simple and "zen" as possible.

I think the BUKOWSKI DVD piece is very well written.

BTW folks, I recently asked Barbet if he would be interested in writing the definitive version of the famous "Black and Decker story" about the threat to cut off his finger unless Barfly would be made. He declined, and said that he wasn't interested in writing about it himself and:

"It was pretty well told in HOLLYWOOD"

Well I tried.

-Jed Weaver,
http://www.barbetschroeder.com/films

You're welcome; Yes, Barbet Schroeder and Eric Rohmer go way way back. He produced all of the Rohmer's "Six Contes Moraux" series ("Moral Tales": Claire's Knee, Ma Nuit Chez Maude...etc) I believe the films say "Les Film du Losange", which is Barbet Schroeder's production company that he started at age 23, not his own name.
You're right, the name of the production company is mentioned each time but I ignored that Schroeder was behind it.

BTW folks, I recently asked Barbet if he would be interested in writing the definitive version of the famous "Black and Decker story" about the threat to cut off his finger unless Barfly would be made. He declined, and said that he wasn't interested in writing about it himself and:

"It was pretty well told in HOLLYWOOD"

Well I tried.

Nice try! That was some story. It would have been great to read Schroeder's version of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back