Bottom hitter (1 Viewer)

Howdy, I like Charles because he helped me to not feel like a dirty drunk in high school. My best memories are mostly around reading "notes from" while in detox. The counselors weren't impressed. I wrote a poem for the cause (whatever that is) after he left us, but my latest ex kept hold of my journals and writing when I was in the hospital after getting hit by a streetcar on the way the liquor store. I found this site while googling "how do they say Charles Bukowski died" and it stands to this site. The discussion was primarily how did Charles not die from alcoholism. Hmm, I don't know. I'm a drug and alcohol counselor and I volunteer with street addicts every day in Toronto. Sober life is very tricky for a dude with my brain. Anyhow, glad to see loyal fans for a man with acne and poor penmanship. Just kidding, not about the acne. " Charles played the ponies, win place and show.
The greenbacks flowed, he glowed."
First line of the poem I lost. If my wet brain remembers the rest I'll try to submit it. Thanks for letting me hang out

First line of the poem I lost. If my wet brain remembers the rest I'll try to submit it.
We don't submit (or post) poems here, so you might want to keep that to yourself when you reconstruct it. Otherwise, knock yourself out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back