Broadway, I feel your suckage from the other side of the country (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
An old time forum regular here and an all around good and stand up guy posted this video on his blog, and I love him, but I have to lose my mind for a moment here...

[This video is unavailable.]

Broadway musicals and Broadway plays in general suck so much ass that it's difficult to express in mere words. It's all so god damned precious and false and empty. Those cocksuckers on Letterman pretending to be olde tymey rock and roller singers aren't worthy of washing Jerry Lee Lewis' nut sack. I would rather hear Ute Lemper sing a Johnny Cash song.

It's sick and sad that people will pay real American money to encourage that kind of world class penistry. Dragging classic American music through the mud like that sickens me. If you want to hear it, listen to the records. They still exist, you know. Why would you pay some Broadway douchebag to give you a karaoke version?

I can't wait for the Broadway version of Funhouse, with Tony Danza playing Iggy and Nathan Lane as Ron Asheton. What a hot ticket! I predict Tony awards for all involved!

---

Oh, by the way, dude pretending to be Johnny Cash? Your fucking wig line is showing. What kind of nickel and dime production are you running there? Get a good makeup artist. What you are doing is very IMPORTANT. Don't fuck it up now.

Travesty.

oh god. i think the "jerry lee" character was just pretending to play during folsom prison...absolutely awful. don't bring that shit down to tn...

that's bad. very bad.

but the original Million Dollar Quartet recording is fascinating. just a few guys playing snippits and studio chatter. a very young Elvis can't stop chattering nervously. Cash, unfortunately, didn't stay for the recording, just the picture. or he was very, very quiet.

million-dollar-quartet-big.gif

Simulacrum.
Or simulicrum or something that resembles that....

This play has been in Chicago for a few years now.
Somehow this city keeps this tourist-attraction-for-Des Moines-thing alive.
Somehow we just HAVE to re-animate 4 rock legends in 2 Acts....
which means we are still the 2nd City

An old time forum regular here and an all around good and stand up guy posted this video on his blog, and I love him, but I have to lose my mind for a moment here...
I can't wait for the Broadway version of Funhouse, with Tony Danza playing Iggy and Nathan Lane as Ron Asheton. What a hot ticket! I predict Tony awards for all.

that would be something, except we all know Iggy will be played by Frodo, otherwise known as Elijah Wood, right?

Why oh why oh why in the name of all things holy and unholy, would Melissa Etheridge be invited to play a song with that cast ? She has never been considered rockabilly, or even very "rootsy". Are there music industry people or music fans or Broadway producers who think she should be mentioned in the same breath as Cash, Elvis, Jerry Lee, and Perkins ?

In related news, Hooch and I will join the cast of "Waiting For Godot" because our fan base considers us to be the natural heirs to Beckett.
Get your tickets now.

we're both fighting for the role of Estragon, who, as we all know, is the hot one.

Vladimir is the brains. brains are boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back