Buknet Sacred Cows (1 Viewer)

M

MULLINAX

What's taboo here, besides "don't be an asshole".

I have no contacts with anyone in the Bukverse, am not an aspiring writer or publisher, and am not trying to horn in on John Martin's action.

I have no wish to meet anyone that Buk knew (except for Mullinax, and he may not be around) and I have nothing to sell (until 2020, that is).

I have no Buk-inspired artwork, music, film or mixed-media to foist upon the world.

Although I certainly want all sorts of Bukowskiana, I'm willing to pay market prices for all that stuff, and don't want to curry favour with ex-girlfriends, widows, ex-pals, ex-hangers-on, ex-publishers, ex-rivals, ex-bookies, etc.

I love John Martin and Black Sparrow. Never dealt with him. Don't really want to.

I just read the stuff, laugh, belch, fart and drink.

I love this site.

You people make a man feel good.

Written after consuming my 7th beer of the afternoon.

The day shall arrive when we stand upon THE FIELD OF BLACKBIRDS and proclaim for all to hear: THE AGE OF BUKOWSKI HAS ARRIVED!

(Actually, I just want to get my hands on all that treasure, too.)

i'm with mullinax - the only thing that connects me with buk is the words, reading the words. i'm pretty much a wanderer, and as such i can't really collect all the great memorabilia that some of you all have - but i can sure as hell appreciate it. this is a nice place to hang out i think - we all share a similar spirit. hell, i am a lowly printer's apprentice, and my days are fairly mundane. nice to come here though after work, and drift around in the forums a bit, maye toss back a few bourbons. cheers all.

Benjamin Franklin was once in the same position you are in now. Sounds prosaic. Cheers!

Written after consuming my 7th beer of the afternoon.

Seven beers and you can still type? I'd be posting "xofsgh jstgggh sgef" after four.

The ratio of crap to intelligent content is very high here. And even the crap gets entertaining at times. A great Forum.

Benjamin Franklin was once in the same position you are in now. Sounds prosaic. Cheers!

it's true about ben franklin - he's one of the heroes at the print shop. and loujon is something to aspire too, esp. with the printing, paper, design, etc. could you imagine, h. miller, buk, - great authors to print. here's to all the tramp printers of yore, and today! and all the wandering poets......

..."my days are fairly mundane. nice to come here though after work, and drift around in the forums a bit, maye toss back a few bourbons. cheers all."

Well said.
I feel much the same. You don't have to be
a writer/publisher/dreamer to enjoy this site.
(well, it helps to be a dreamer)

and cheers all the same

:)

I have no agenda. I am just here to find out what to read next, then when all is exhausted I will read the archives, what I don't get to in between books. Then I will probably wander off... I will make a few people laugh while I'm here, though.

I will also, undoubtedly, post drunk. But nothing out of line.

To be honest, I usually hang out a couple of car/race forums. I have a race car (1/4 mile, track only, no street racing). But I recently got tired of dealing with idiots and trash talkers so I wandered over here where the average I.Q. is a bit higher. Refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back