Bukowski Belgian Documentary/Interview (1987) (1 Viewer)

Oh, shit. Now don't go and get eHarmony on me. Hadn't seen the Belgian stuff before. Altar boy enthusiasm is bad, very bad. No sip from the cup or wafer for me, sir.

that's cool. Thanks.
Unfortunately, my real-player's function to download youtube-videos doesn't work anymore since a few months. Can't fix it. How do You download youtube-videos?

Roni. I have the same problem with Realplayer SP. Lately, the download button has disappeared when I use Firefox, but it's still on when I use Internet Explorer, so I use that instead when I want to download a video clip.
I asked Realplayer on Facebook about it, and they said the Firefox problem has been solved. I should just download Realplayer version 1.1.5, so I think I'm gonna do that.

hank solo, thanks for the link. The Video Downloadhelper looks good. I just hope it's not too complicated to set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean to destroy this thread ...

roni, I suggest you use Firefox [...]
Thanks hanksolo. I never gave Firefox a try because I was so annoyed by its predecessor Netscape (at a time, when IE was much better than Netscape - 1998/99).

Maybe I should try it, but I hesitate as I have already 2 browsers installed.

Roni. I have the same problem with Realplayer SP. Lately, the download button has disappeared when I use Firefox, [...]
Well, if I use Opera (which is the other browser I use besides IE), I too don't have that button and never had.

The problem is: with IE I did have that button and still have it. But since March or so it only tells me something like "This video can not be downloaded" when I use it for youtube-vids. Other video-sites work still fine.

Anyway:

</OFFTOPIC>

Do you know http://keepvid.com/, roni? I used to download youtube-videos through this site some years ago. You used to get them als .flv which works perfectly with the free VLC-player.

Haven't tried this site for quite some time now, tho.

You're welcome, Bukfan!

BTW, in case you're wondering how I got the link, I simply looked at the web page source and searched for files with FLV extensions.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, zob.

"I don't know, where you get your concepts from, man."
- immortal!

(or was this actually in that interview? I'm pretty sure it was!)

Thanks for the link, zob.
The pleasure is mine, roni. :)
I'm glad to help people a little bit to finally store a piece of Buk's history on their hard drives.

"I don't know, where you get your concepts from, man."
- immortal!

Or was this actually in that interview? I'm pretty sure it was!
Yes, that's the quote from this interview. A part shown in Born Into This.

That was pretty clever of you! I wish I was that computer savvy.
Well, I'm not much into computers but I've learned a thing or two in my continuous efforts to make a backup of the entire Internet :DD.

Last edited:
image.png

Ah, pardon?

I wasn't here for a while so I don't know if you seen this before.

There a three parts on You Tube.

Great stuff:

[This video is unavailable.]

Belgian documentary "Wie schrijft die blijft" on writer Charles Bukowski. Interview by Martin Coenen.
I wish there was more subtitles in English but it is a good exposure for Charles. I agree that many people do not read the subtext. Charles is expressing despair!

I just find it hilarious that Bukowski used to drink at Shakey's when he lived in San Pedro. For those not familiar, it was like the original Chuck E. Cheese back in the early '70s. Apparently the chain survived longer in California.

There wasn't a Shakey's in San Pedro, I think he went to the one in Hollywood when he lived on DeLongpre and/or Carlton Way. But yeah, it's not quite the dive bar people would expect to hear about him drinking in, is it.

Every bar in San Pedro has stories about Bukowski drinking in them, but according to Linda he didn't go to bars down there, so the stories are all fantasy. But I guess it helps their rep: BUKOWSKI DRANK HERE. Okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back