Bukowski in Open City, Notes of a Dirty Old Man

Pogue Mahone

Officials say drugs may have played a part
Over 1000 posts
Does the forum have all the Dirty Old Man columns from all the alternative papers that he appeared in? I'm often tempted to buy a single issue here and there, but they are pricey and who knows what poems (yes poems) appeared here and there. Many Dirty Old Man colums were poems.

mjp

Your Host
Founding member
Over 5000 posts
Does the forum have all the Dirty Old Man columns from all the alternative papers that he appeared in?
No. Does anyone?

There are a lot of Dirty Old Man columns spread around here, I've never attempted to organize them all in one place.

I have most of Bukowski's Notes of the Dirty Old Man from Open City. The ones I’m missing I gave to USC library two finish their collection of the paper. They were never returned to me after they microfilm them.

We would publish special issues inserted in the paper of his poems and other writers and works of art.

mjp

Your Host
Founding member
Over 5000 posts
Does anyone?
I just found this (while looking for something else), which claims to be 98% of the Free Press columns. Of course even if it is, that leaves the Open City version...

P1050371.JPG

And I just found these...

Untitled-1.png

Which I'm pretty sure came from ROC.

So maybe we do have (almost) everything. Getting it all onto the site or forum is another matter...