• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Bukowski Postage Stamp - Legit (1 Viewer)

M

MULLINAX

Got a letter from an American bookseller the other day and it has a Buk stamp on it. 41 cents. A photograph of him at his wedding, wearing his bride's hat and dancing the "washing-machine" (a side-to-side movement of great hilarity).

The top of the stamp states "YourStamps.com". The bottom has "Pitney Bowes" and a number on it. I remember Pitney Bowes beacuse I used to use one of their machines at a previous lower low-grade job.

WTF? Can anyone print any kind of stamp they want now?

Mullinax - far away and out of it...

Michael Sherrick right?

Yeah. You submit a graphic and they will make stamps for you.
(They being the USPS).
We have had similar services here in Oz.

I have some of them here, exactly as you describe. They were a gift from a friend and were slipped past the USPS. They do not allow of any fame, just family members, etc, so this person had a bunch made up when he was able to slip them through. I'll try to scan them, but they are 100% legit...

Bill

Anyone can order these from the US Post Office as long as you can trick them into not knowing that it is someone famous. They have a problem with famous people because of copyright and good taste. They want family photos of the kids with grampa. Would the US Post Office want to put out a stamp of Charles Manson? Nope. Now if you were a Charles Manson "fan" (that sounds odd), you would have to find a photo of him that looks like it is a normal family photo and he would have to be not recognigable to them. then you pay roughly twice the face value and you have a sheet of stamps!

That is how it is done.

Bill

Someone had a web site a while back showing all the serial killer stamps they had made through that service. I think it was shortly after that the post office decided to limit what kind of images could be used.

Post Office

Anyone can order these from the US Post Office as long as you can trick them into not knowing that it is someone famous.

2098275089_bc587f421b_o.jpg

Might be fun...

Oh, I like your site better...

I almost ordered some of these as a goof until I saw that $8.20 worth of stamps would set you back $18.99 (on both sites)!

bukstamp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back