Bukowski-Society-website - RELAUNCH! (1 Viewer)

Yes, it's true:
After about a decade of nearly no change, the
Website of the BUKOWSKI-SOCIETY has been made totally new!

- Easier handling!
- Less chaotic layout!
- More serious content!
- still only in German, sorry.

Even if you don't understand a damn word of the language: Have a look at this all-new-experience in Bukowski-research and worship!

And now that I'm done with this bugger, I'll go work finishing THIS baby.

All the best for your relooked website, roni!

The Buk picture you have finally chosen for the Jahrbuch reminds me of a werewolf. :D I am actually thinking to Jack Nicholson in Wolf.

By the way, is there something to be planned this summer in Andernach for the 90th anniversary of his birth? I might be interested. :)

Yellow! Happy! Good! :)

Good choice on the book cover roni.

[...] is there something to be planned this summer in Andernach for the 90th anniversary of his birth?

YES. We are planning to have a symposium there in 2010.
Sure.

Officially, the leader of the cultural department of Andernach is now dependent on these things, since he has agreed in August 2009 to join the board of the Buk-Society especially for this purpose.
But honestly - there might be not much activity from his side. There wasn't any since then.

I haven't thought about the upcoming symposium so far, as officially, there is another person responisble now.
I've been occupated with efforts to find sponsors for the goddamn museum, putting the yearbook together, changing this poor website into something less-poor (Everything made with fucking 'notepad' and simple HTML4 !), and still don't have a job or income and I pay my rent from a credit I may never be able to serve!

Here are the experts on Bukowski!
Here are the really interesting and important people!
Do you think, this guy ever asked me to get in contact with Anybody for our next symposium??

Of course, if this may ever be done I will do the job of the guy who said last August he would do it.

but apart from getting bitter:
THANK YOU ALL for your nice words!
(we all know, that this website Could and Should look much better, but I didn't have time and don't have the skills.)

Nice work, Roni! It looks great, and lots of interesting info too (some even in English).
Keep up the good work!

Cool ! My avatar is on the mitgliedschaft page !

What's a mitgliedschaft ?

( And nice work - your HTML skills look fine to me )

Officially, the leader of the cultural department of Andernach is now dependent on these things...

Do you think, this guy ever asked me to get in contact with Anybody for our next symposium??

Of course, if this may ever be done I will do the job of the guy who said last August he would do it.
You will grow old and grey waiting for a bureaucrat to do anything. You have to lean on them every minute of the day to get a drop of results. In which case, as you say, you will - or may as well - end up doing it yourself.

You have taken on a tremendous task, my friend, and I'm sure that much of the time you fell as if you are spinning your wheels and no one cares. I think a lot of people care, but caring and doing are two very different things.

Sorry, that wasn't very reassuring or supportive, was it? Ha. Hey, I mean well and I think you are a screaming lunatic for taking on the things you do. But I also think that it's mainly screaming lunatics who accomplish crazy things, so hang in there.

thank you and all who make the Buk thing real,ilove to read the forum i have picked up alot of good shit that lets me see the real Bukowski i have been here a few years and feel like day one,but i am learning thanks again. PS yellow is yellow

thank you all for your nice words of support!
You make me going on
(this goes for you too, mjp!) !!!

#6:
The pics on the 'membership'-page show the covers of our last yearbooks. The obvious reason: showing people what they will get for a membership.

(btw. we are soon offering INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP!!! - the website will become bilingual as well. One day.)

(btw. we are soon offering INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP!!! - the website will become bilingual as well. One day.)

That sounds great! - The "Birth of Date" should be changed to "Date of Birth", and "Place of Birth" should be changed to "Country" (to avoid people only mentioning the town they were born in and not the country), I think.

Nice Picture of the yearbook 2009 roni !
And the bukshop is great ,well done .
Fine work but i miss a forum like this , sorry !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back