Bukowski Tapes by Ben Pleasants (1 Viewer)

It was first published there, and the remaining tapes won't make it to a magazine article -at least according to P. It seems he will use them in a Bukowski/Fante book he's working on now.

I always get so excited when I see Ben Pleasants in a thread subject!

Then, there is the tragic letdown when I see that it's not an obituary. Oh well. maybe next time.

Nah, seeing Uncle Howie's name only makes me go, "eh." I respect his Bukowski books. He's just a prick as a human being, and that's not so unusual or noteworthy.

Ben Pleasants is different. He is jealous and angry, frustrated that the world never gave him the respect and admiration he feels he deserved. You can see it all over his twisted, angry red face. He has some sort of manufactured sensationalist agenda that he seems to believe is going to bring him untold tabloid riches. He is a malignant and dangerous old fool, and I am patiently waiting to piss on his grave.

He is a malignant and dangerous old fool, and I am patiently waiting to piss on his grave.

It's a good thing you're patient, because you'll probably have to stand in line.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Who says we all can't piss on his grave at the same time?:tomcruise:

Good point, but I'm afraid his grave won't be big enough for all of us to piss at it at the same time. Maybe we'll need some kinda number system. Then we could let people approach the grave in groups of say, 20 at a time. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back