• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Charles Bukowski T-Shirt (2 Viewers)

Well we have recently added our Charles Bukowski t-shirt to our online shop. Being that it is such a target audience we have had more success with our Hunter S. Thompson shirt than we have had with our Bukowski. Anyway, I figured this would be the place to let other Bukowski fans know of our new t-shirt.

5DBC943F_05F8A3E8.jpg

It's on the first page of our merchandise on our shop at http://www.cultureloungeonline.com/shop

Let us know what you think, I know our visual artist said it was one of the more difficult faces he has had to depict.

It's an odd thing to me, attempting to sell things like this. eBay is overflowing with cheap shit that attempts to piggyback on the notoriety of others. I don't get it. Seems like there are easier, less vulture-like ways to make a buck. I think if the artist sold this as a print or something, he may make some sales. But a T-shirt, refrigerator magnet, ashtray, wallet, etc., etc....I don't know, man.

I can only agree with the artist about the difficulty to depict Buk. The picture does'nt look enough like Buk. It's adequate but not great...

Last edited by a moderator:
geez, tough crowd!

having said that, I'm glad it's a TOUGH crowd...

This site is for true fans/collectors of his 'written/spoken' word/k. This t-shirt is nowhere near as bad (or repugnant) as 99% of them (at least an artist took the time to draw this, they didn't just rip off a Montfort PIX), but I have a HARD time figuring out 'why' you'd wear a shirt with BUK'S face on it...?? It screams of; "Hey everybody look at me!!!". This is one for the wanna-be hipsters, under 25 crowd begging for attention.

I'd wear it for laundry, or painting, but it would have to be FREE and I highly doubt that's gonna happen...

It's an odd thing to me, attempting to sell things like this. eBay is overflowing with cheap shit that attempts to piggyback on the notoriety of others. I don't get it. Seems like there are easier, less vulture-like ways to make a buck. I think if the artist sold this as a print or something, he may make some sales. But a T-shirt, refrigerator magnet, ashtray, wallet, etc., etc....I don't know, man.

We are a magazine that goes to various events where we sell t-shirts and magazine subscriptions, and yes we do sell prints but there are less caricature like and more realistic.

As a matter of fact we were talking about new t-shirt designs upcoming and we are going to mix in Paris Hilton, Sanjaya, Carrot Top, and various others that unfortunately carry as much or more weight to the average citizen as a Charles Bukowski or Kurt Vonnegut shirt. The sad truth is that we have made hardly any money at all off of these famous individuals who have had a lasting impression on our culture and that we will make more money selling the Sanjaya t-shirt.

Well, t-shirts with motif's on is more or less a teenager thing and most teenagers don't read Bukowski and Kurt Vonnegut...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back