Coming soon from Pig Ear Press (2 Viewers)

Exan is going by the rules, to read Mr. Hines. :wb:

IMG_2425.jpg

I have received and read said book, and the following is my professional review.

Some writers can weave a convincing story, and some can't. This Hines fellow can. He also effortlessly does something that few others can pull off, and that is tell a big part of the story with the words that he doesn't use. The unsaid thing is a fundamental part of many of his stories (those I've have the good fortune to read, anyway), and that's not an easy trick to pull off.

I said he does that "effortlessly," but I doubt that it is effortless. Making it appear so is another skill that eludes most people who call themselves storytellers or writers or famous authors. These stories are thick with atmosphere and delivered by someone who doesn't see things the way you do. That's worth the price of admission.

Rating: Four skulls and a bomb, which is like, equal to four and a half skulls.

:die::die::die::die:x~O

That's a good score. Five skulls is the best, but reserved for classics and books that I write.

I never took a writing class but my grade 10 English teacher (who clued me in that I might have some writing ability ) told me to read as much as possible and when writing, show don't tell.

I've been following that advice for 30 years.

But he was an Atlanta Braves fan and listened to the Eagles, so take that advice at your own risk.

Just read "honeymoon" too. Good one Hooch! :wb:

i was going to say/link that too. that story was great. i kept trying to guess where it was going and was always wrong.

there's a vibe of melancholy in his writing that is very affecting.

we better stop or he won't be able to fit his head through the forum door...

Last edited:
there is one copy left.

I have another longer short from Him, which I will at some point in the future release, perhaps in HB format. This is where being a a micro press has its drawbacks; you know the stories should be read by more people, but you don't have the resources or the nous to make that happen. For the time being I'm just pleased to be able to enjoy and print the words of such great writers as Him.

You can have it, but it's just a quick sketch done on printer paper, just to see if I could do Celine. The drawings you see there are all old. I was going to do new ones for you folks. But I'll include that one with a new one. When I get one done. Heh.

If the old ones are up for grabby grabbing (and no one said they were!) then I like that No 9 'I'm not going' door @hoochmonkey9 :aerb:

(cheeky f*ckin' British assh*le)

The door appeared in Alligator Stew #1, the ape and the elephant in the Charity Edition of Alligator Stew (as postcards) and the Coltrane one in Alligator Stew #3.

There are still 3 or 4 copies of AS#3 left if anyone has a spare few bob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back