Cracked Skull? (1 Viewer)

I only knew about having his head cracked in the basement-toilet of this Philadelphia gangster-bar.

Since this other story is from a letter to Weissner, I'd guess it's true too.

But I wouldn'd expect his SKULL to be cracked. Maybe it was just a big bleeding wound.

He banged his head (in a non-heavy metal fashion) many times. He never actually broke the bones of his skull, as far as I know.

i believe "cracked" was a literary effect, reguardless me being the social artist that i am would use the same expression as would most regular people with little sense of art... don't look to deep into his work or else you'll wind up here posting a thousand times just to dig into the "special section". no offense of course (laughing yellow smiley face)

I only knew about having his head cracked in the basement-toilet of this Philadelphia gangster-bar.

Since this other story is from a letter to Weissner, I'd guess it's true too.

But I wouldn'd expect his SKULL to be cracked. Maybe it was just a big bleeding wound.

Having his head cracked in a Philly gangster bar. There's a tale I'd like to hear.

he tells about it in the Bukowski-Tapes. The German version has it quite at the beginning, I dunno about the Originals.

It's also in 'Notes of a Dirty Old Man' - in my edition the story starts at p108 and goes to 112. The starting sentence is "in Philly, I had the end seat and ran errands for sandwiches, so forth."

I also am pretty sure, this was mentioned in other stories as well as in some of the bios, but am too lazy (+ drnk) to look them up now.

hope it was of help so far...

(p.s.: maybe later, at a 'certain' state, I'm in again to look up the other things. who knows...)

he tells about it in the Bukowski-Tapes. The German version has it quite at the beginning, I dunno about the Originals.

Is there also a German version of The Bukowski Tapes? Same content as in the original but with a different cover?

yeah it's in the originals, well the version I saw at least. Shows Linda the scar on his head through his hair, they wanted him to join their gang and he got out of there, said how it all turned out good in the end with the cats and the roses. Thanks for the research roni

Users who are viewing this thread

Back