Crazy Heart (1 Viewer)

Saw this over the weekend with my folks. Very good movie. Bridges definitely deserved the Oscar for the role.

Though it's too bad Bridges did this movie before doing a Bukowski biopic. Because except for the cowboy hat, Bridges looked almost exactly like Buk.

It was uncanny. The hair. The shirts. The belly. He was Buk in all but name. But great acting throughout. Enjoyed it immensely.

I haven't seen this one yet, but want to. Bridges said he looked to Townes Van Zandt as one inspiration for his character.

I think he looks a lot like Kris Kristofferson.

Jeff-Bridges-in-Crazy-Heart-LA-1-14-10.jpg Kristofferson.jpg

I was with this one until AA and the happy ending.

but Bridges continues to be one of the best living actors.

Read somewhere that a not-so-happy ending (accurate to the one in the book) was also shot, maybe it is / will be available on the DVD release. Great movie anyhow, and Jeff Bridges is damn good. I only saw him in "The Big Lebowski" and "The Fisher King" before, any other recommendations?

I was with this one until AA and the happy ending.
Sounds like The Days of Wine and Roses - a great old pre-Barfly Barfly -- until one of the main characters finds JESUS. Or Bill W. I felt robbed and cheated by Hollywood hacks. Again. Not so much a happy ending as an ad for the sham cult of AA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back