• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

David Barker/BoSP books for SALE (1 Viewer)

Hello to all,

Due to financial strain, I am having to part with my BoSP/Barker collection. Not too happy about this. My loss, your gain. Up for grabs are a handful of OOP titles from the BoSP catalog, 3 Wormwoods, as well as a slew of David Barker books. If interested, please PM me. Shipping is a mere $3.00 w/ delivery confirmation. Chaps, $2.00. Will combine shipping. Thanks!
---------------------------------

DAVID BARKER stuff

"You'll Go Blameless": This copy is one of the 10 signed lettered hardcovers published by Golden Posterity Press, hand bound in boards by Bill Roberts. This copy is "F", signed by David Barker. FINE. $50 (also David was nice enough to include a painting)

"David Barker: A Bibliography" compiled by Bill Roberts: One of only 26 lettered deluxe hardcovers, hand bound in boards, each containing an original painting by Barker. This copy is lettered "U", signed by Barker. NEAR FINE. (top corners very slightly bumped) $40

SOLD "Charles Bukowski Spit In My Face" a memoir by David Barker: I picked this up from David a few years ago via this site. Comes w/ a watercolor painting of Buk tipped in.
I'm also including 3 signed Barker broadsides. "Donut Shop" "the stupidity of the masses" and "something, anything/two-faced" FINE. $15

"The Form Appears: Bukowski Watercolors by David Barker: One of only 26 deluxe lettered & signed copies, however, this deluxe edition was neither signed nor lettered! All 10 glossy postcards present and housed in a beautiful clamshell case. AS NEW. $40

ROBERTS #1- "12 Poets and Their Cars": Chapbook of photographs of Lone Beach Poets. This copy has rusty staples. Other than that, it's in FINE condition. Signed. $20

ROBERTS #2 - "Hot Rods of Spring" (1973): Mini chap collage poem. Signed. FINE $5

ROBERTS #3 - "AERO" (1973.) Mini chap collage with found text. Signed. FINE. $5

ROBERTS #6 - "Train Goes Slow But Gets There Rumba" (1974.) Mini chap collage with found text. Signed. VG. $5

ROBERTS #8 - "Rumba: The Man Should Lead - And The Woman Should Follow" (1975.) Chapbook collage with found text. One sheet, folded. Signed. FINE. $5

ROBERTS #10 - "Homage to Rambler" (1975.) Chapbook collage poem. One sheet, folded. Signed. FINE. $5

"Quartet": This is one of the numbered copies. #11. Signed. 2nd Printing. FINE. $5.00

"POEMS": (Begun 1969, completed 1996) Hand-printed early poems and linoleum block prints. Signed w/ inscription. FINE. $10

-----------------Bottle of Smoke Press-----------------------

Father Luke "The Pages Have Turned To Dust": Wraps. FINE. Includes broadside. $10

Karl Koweski "Can't Kill A Man Born To Hang" Wraps. Signed w/ signed broadside. $5

Bottle Of Smoke Press: "A Bibliographic Checklist Of The First One Hundred Publications": One of 50 numbered copies. This copy is #27. FINE. $15

SOLD Soheyl Dahi "HER": One of 26 lettered copies hand bound in boards, each containing an original acrylic painting by the author. This copy is letter "G". NEAR FINE. $15

SOLD Richard Krech "Within The Curtilage": One of 26 lettered copies hand bound in clothes covered boards and signed by the author. This copy is letter "U". Signed. $10

SOLD --------------WORMWOOD------------------------

SOLD Wormwood: 75, Vol. 19, Number 3. "David Barker's SCENES FROM A MARRIAGE": Signed by Barker on title page. This copy is #426. FINE. $15

SOLD Wormwood: 94: The first 70 copies are numbered and signed by Barker. This copy is #24. David has a special section allocated for him in the middle part of this issue called "No One Calls Me Any More". Excellent poems. Also, this issue contains a few by Buk. FINE. Signed. $15

SOLD Wormwood 84: This copy is numbered 527. Barker has another section devoted to his poetry in this issue called "Cold Duck". Signed. NEAR FINE. (tiny bump to top corners) $10

.....and that is it. Thanks for allowing me to post this.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I figure these were all snapped up, right? I'd buy the early Barker titles myself, were it not for my own crushing financial strain at the moment. My pre-BOSP titles are extremely rare. Get them while you can. When I'm on Oprah, sipping tea and defending James Whatshisname (A Million Little Pieces), it'll be too late. Oh, right, she's done pimping books. Well, it'll really be too late then.

Wait: Now I recall reading he's become a major jackass slave driver of poor writers. I won't defend him on Oprah. If she were still there...

These items have sold:

Wormwood: 75, Vol. 19, Number 3. "David Barker's SCENES FROM A MARRIAGE": Signed by Barker on title page. This copy is #426. FINE. $15

Wormwood: 94: The first 70 copies are numbered and signed by Barker. This copy is #24. David has a special section allocated for him in the middle part of this issue called "No One Calls Me Any More". Excellent poems. Also, this issue contains a few by Buk. FINE. Signed. $15

Wormwood 84: This copy is numbered 527. Barker has another section devoted to his poetry in this issue called "Cold Duck". Signed. NEAR FINE. (tiny bump to top corners) $10

Soheyl Dahi "HER": One of 26 lettered copies hand bound in boards, each containing an original acrylic painting by the author. This copy is letter "G". NEAR FINE. $15

Richard Krech "Within The Curtilage": One of 26 lettered copies hand bound in clothes covered boards and signed by the author. This copy is letter "U". Signed. $10

"Charles Bukowski Spit In My Face" a memoir by David Barker: I picked this up from David a few years ago via this site. Comes w/ a watercolor painting of Buk tipped in.
I'm also including 3 signed Barker broadsides. "Donut Shop" "the stupidity of the masses" and "something, anything/two-faced" FINE. $15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back