Don't let people be its foundation. (1 Viewer)

good afternoon, i'm from Brazil and unfortunately few Bukowski books are translated around here. Some people do free translations but do not include book references. I would like to know if this poem is from the old and which book it is part of. I am immensely grateful if someone answers me.
"Don't let people be its foundation.
nor the young girls
nor the old girls
neither young men
neither the old men"

Is Bukowski?
Don't let people be its foundation. nor the young girls nor the old girls neither young men neither the old men nor those in the middle none of them, don't let people be its foundation. Instead of build on sand build in the dump build in the pit build on the tombs build on water, but don't build on people. They are a bad bet, the worst bet you can make. Build elsewhere, any other, any but not in people, pastas headless, heartless smearing the centuries, the days, the nights, cities, municipalities, the nations, the land, the stratosphere, smearing the light, messing up all the chances, on here, completely muddling all now it's tomorrow. Anything compared to people, it is a better foundation to look for. Anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back