• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Ebay discount coupons (1 Viewer)

cirerita

Founding member
It seems that some people receive discount coupons via email (usually a word to be entered before payment) which is used to save money on shipping. Some people say they've used the same coupon several times, thus saving up quite some money ($5 maximum per payment).

Have you ever used these coupons? If so, how? I mean, did you receive those emails with the key words to be entered before the payment was made?

No idea how that works. Maybe something from the seller's end? I don't know in who else's interest it would be to subsidize shipping costs...

from what I've read here and there, Paypal sends the emails with the key word, so I guess it's safe to assume Paypal does pay those coupons.

PayPal and eBay are the same company, but I get what you're saying. Maybe it's done then as an incentive to use/sign up for PayPal. Whatever the reason is, it benefits someone financially, or they wouldn't do it.

It's actually not even much of a payout considering in my business companies routinely pay up to a year's revenue to get an account. So say a service costs $10 a month, the company will pay $100+ to affiliates for referrals. Insane.

Paypal occasionally send out coupons like this. They also end up being published on the web. I have used them to get discounts on shipping as well as on purchases - ususally 10% or something. Worth doing, particularly on expensive hard back Black Sparrows from overseas :D

Have a search here for PayPal coupons from time to time:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/

They have one at the moment, i think its for UK customers only tho, but worth a try. Check ebay on the site menu.

I expect there are similar sites in the US etc too.

More info here:
http://pages.ebay.com/coupons/

Disclaimer - I am not affiliated with any web site or promotion. Don't sign up for any spam and blame me for it! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back