Electronic sources for my thesis (1 Viewer)

Fellow Buksters,
I am working on my Bukowski thesis and I need to list at least 15 potentially useful electronic sources in on-line periodicals, books, and websites.
I suppose many of you know useful articles/links/whatever. Will you share?
thank you

Online:

There is only one reliable source. That is www.bukowski.net. there are many "fan sites" but many of them are not reliable for truth over myth, etc.

Books:
The bio by Sounes is good, although the author a bit of a tool.
Also, for another perspective on Bukowski pick up Scarlet by Pam Wood.
Then you can just read the novels, which are fiction, but still gives insight. Try Ham on Rye.

Bill

I need to list at least 15 potentially useful electronic sources in on-line periodicals, books, and websites.
Are there 15 useful web sites in the world? About anything?

Those Internet citations are all going to be dead in 10 years. We're building a body of research that will just have to be accepted as fact in the future because no one will be able to verify anything. Then I suppose we can discard all that old-fashioned "proof" stuff and go straight to Ben Pleasants impossible-wet-dream of writing anything about anyone without anything to back any of it up. TMZ will open a university and we'll all live happily ever after.

Huzzah!

Sorry about that. I thought it's xmas.

Hey Fredy, here are some I found about now, hope it will be useful for your thesis.
You can download them through the link below.

Charles Bukowski and the Savage Surfaces by John William Corrington
Source: Northwest Review, Vol. 6, No. 4, Fall, 1963, pp. 123-9.

The pock-marked poetry of Charles Bukowski - Notes of a dirty old mankind by Glenn Esterly
Source: Rolling Stone magazine, June 17th, 1976

Bukowski's 'Ham on Rye' and the Los Angeles Novel by Ernest Fontana
Source: The Review of Contemporary Fiction, Vol. 5, No. 3, Fall, 1985, pp. 4-8.

Mirror of Ourselves: Notes on Bukowski's Post Office by Loss Glazier
Source: Review of Contemporary Fiction, Vol. 5, No. 3, Fall 1985, pp. 39-42.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9lrtlx

The assumption seems to be that you can learn all you need to know about a subject from electronic media alone. In my own research, I've found this is not always true. Sometimes key information is not only not in electronic form, it's not even published, but is hidden away in archives. The Internet tends to be broad but shallow. The best stuff is still on paper, and will be for a long time. I agree with mjp -- there's probably not 15 good web sites on any topic.

Spend the day at the library. I'm quite sure that you will find all the references that one might need to form the proper APA citations that will not only make you paper a joy to read, but will undoubtedly make your professor impressed with their own teaching skills. I think they have computers at the library as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back