Favourite Unpublished or Uncollected Poem (1 Viewer)

G

GDPR 4124

Hello guys,

I just looked through your (Bukowski.net's) page at Google Plus and found some amazing poems there, which I had never seen before. Even more amazing is the fact that they were uncollected. The pieces I am thinking about are especially "To a Lady Who Believes Me Dead" and "Existence" (later published in the form of "life at the P.O." in "The People Look Like Flowers at Last", after some of the good ol' Martin "polishing" of course).

This very inspiring reading got me thinking about how much of Buk's other more disregarded work I must have overseen. So please, all of you who aren't as unenlightened as me, share your favourites among the unpublished or uncollected poems here. I, and many others with me, I'm sure, can't afford to miss out on this any longer.

Yeah, sure, I know that this is a great place if you want to search around for yourself. What I am looking for, though, is other people's subjective favourites among the uncollected or unpublished poems. Why don't you start by giving me a piece from your personal top-10? I would really appreciate that.

One little forum thing there, pardner - When you want to reply to the last comment in a thread, just type in the box, don't click "Reply." There's no need to quote the post right before yours.
Thank you for your kind indulgence.
:rolleyes:

I knew of Bukowski and some of his works since high school and read and liked Pulp but had only given his poetry & stories a cursory glance. When my friend gave me his copy of Sifting Through The Maddness Searching For the Word, the Line, the Way I fell hard for the poem So You Want To Be A Writer. Then my eyes were open when I came upon this site for all things Bukowski and I read do you want to enter the arena? , the original So You Want... that was written 10/20/1992, prior to John Martin's "editing". The originals always pack more of a punch and in many cases pack a punch that is almost completely removed from the John Martin versions. I love the mjp piece about the Martin versions and the original versions. I re-read side by side versions often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back