FNG from scummy South Seattle (1 Viewer)

Welcome to the best reading on the interweb. There are a few sailors on board here squidbo. I can only lay claim to being a Navy Dad.
What have you read so far?

Greetings,
I'm almost embarrassed to admit it but, I have not been able to find any of his work in my used bookstores, so what I've read has been mostly on the internet.
What do you recommend?
Squidbo

It can never hurt to start with the novel Ham On Rye. To me, that book puts everything you'll read later into a blurily focused perspective.

Welcome to the forum, Squidbo! I'll recommend any of his novels ("Pulp" should be read last) or collections of short stories that you can find (try Amazon.com). Later on you should look into his poetry collections too. Even if you don't like poetry, I'm sure you'll like some of Buk's...

Last edited by a moderator:
FNG Squidbo

Thank you for the recommendations, I was rather happy to find an extensive
collection of his work in a new/used bookstore in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle, and they had all the books you guys spoke of as well as several books of his poetry from what was it..Black Sparrow press, so on payday I will go pick up a couple of his books.
And I do love his poetry, it reminds me of Downtown Seattle in the late sixties and early seventies, when Seattle was still a unique gritty blue collar town, not the yuppie, neo-liberal,eco-radical,latte swillin' pc ravaged city it has now become.
His poetry makes me miss the past, when times were much more simple.

Thank you for the recommendations, I was rather happy to find an extensive
collection of his work in a new/used bookstore in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle, and they had all the books you guys spoke of as well as several books of his poetry from what was it..Black Sparrow press, so on payday I will go pick up a couple of his books.

See, I thought you meant where can I find some of
his work, not what work of his should I find.

I have not been able to find any of his work in my used bookstores, so what ... do you recommend?

That's why I was confused.
Is this where kids go like this: My Bad !

So, to Buzzcat I owe an apology.

His poetry makes me miss the past, when times
were much more simple.

Ahh. It makes me miss him. Fortunately his
work will always be here, no matter how complex
the times. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back