Found the letters that Bukowski wrote to me (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jddougher

Founding member
I'm cherishing them. I wrote a "poem" based on the words in one of the letters. Here it is:

[Brutally redacted by ham-fisted, Nazi moderator who wouldn't know ART if it bit him on the ass. -ed.]

When/if you want to share the letters you can start a thread with this title. For now, the "no poetry" rule has to apply.

I believe that the post above explains the relevant points, but jddougher, you need to look at this from the perspective of the website as a whole rather than from your personal perspective. As you must know, there have been a good number of Buk copycats over the years (and they are multiplying rather than dying off), so we have a simple rule here: don't post your poetry. There was nothing ham-fisted nor Nazi-related about the edit (although I would have expected a more original response from you). If we let people post their own poetry, we have not only removed focus from the work of Bukowski, we have also set ourselves up for an onslaught of mediocre blatherings from aspiring poets who would use this forum as a support mechanism for their tripe and the concomitant bitch-fest that would ensue if some works were left up and some taken down. Surely as a moderator of other websites you can understand the necessity of this policy.

Now I'm not suggesting that your particular poem was horrible or great, and it did have to do with Buk (I didn't see it, for the record). But again, we have a policy that works. Given your association with Buk, we'd love to see what materials you have. That's what we do here. If I buy a chap that contains poems that are otherwise unpublished, I do my best to get them up here. Hopefully you'll understand that the action taken by the mods was not personal; it was an act that must be implemented here or we'd all spend out precious time reading about how some aspiring misfit puked after an epic session.

or to cut to the chase - we're more interested in his words than yours, you carrot dangler you...

afterthought edit - you wrote a poem about the letters he sent you? that is so gay.

Last edited:
Purple: are you sure, the [comment] in the first post was by jd?
I'd though it was one of the famous funny remarks by our God-like Nazi-moderator himself.

It's okay.

It all works.

Whatever.

Freedom is what Buk would want.

Can you imagine him in the internet age? How many fora would be have been banned from?

Egads.

s.
s
e
g
a
da
s

Freedom is what Buk would want.
I take it you're insinuating that you freedom has been stepped on here, and I further take that to mean that I can go to your forum and post whatever I'd like, that there are no restrictions of my freedom. Right? Should we test the freedom over there?
How many fora would be have been banned from?
None.

Just remember that this site is not run by the US Government and no one here is entitled to free speech protections any more that you can walk into someones house and start insulting the homeowner and then act like your rights are being violated when you are shown the door.

If your goal is to be removed from the forum, then just ask and I'm sure that the mods will make it happen.

Yeah and also,

post the damn letters already! Pretty please.

I don't know who I'm more disgusted with... The asshole senior members trying their best to be school bullies or the fat little kid that claims he shared his chips with little Henry in the school cafeteria and was best friends with him...

I don't know who I'm more disgusted with... The asshole senior members trying their best to be school bullies or the fat little kid that claims he shared his chips with little Henry in the school cafeteria and was best friends with him...
We never got chips in our school cafeteria, but enjoyed tater tots often and pizza on Fridays. Sometimes the asshole seniors took our yodels, though

You ain't a senior, although you should be. The chips didn't come from the cafeteria, just a fat hopeless kid... But I remember the English muffin pizzas and they were good. Real good... Prevented me from jacking off on the principal's desk...

you're calling "senior members" assholes for calling him out on that douche bag move?

I think that was Pogue being ironic.

ps; I had a look at the Poetry Circle Forum, having seen it previously very briefly, but enough to know that there has been quite a change to the layout,
it all looks very, very familiar...

Also the letter from Bukowski is posted on there, but you need to log in/become a member to see it. I didn't do that.

Last edited:
Too complicated:), ironically enough I was being honest!
Has anyone been in and read the letter on the forum yet? I actually did like the poem JDD has done from the letter, but don't want to join another forum.

No, I am wrong... just signed up because I really wanted to see the letter that Bukowski had written to him and the poem isn't good, the letter is, it's just beautifully written that it reads like a poem.
Also still pretty shocked at changes to that forum because to me it looks as though JDD has copied this one outrageously, a bit annoyed really.

[...] the letter from Bukowski is posted on there, but you need to log in/become a member [...] just signed up because I really wanted to see the letter[...]
Now, will you or anybody post this damn letter please?!

or even better:
perhaps you, jdd, may feel like posting it, or even a couple of them to give this thread back its initial meaning - despite all the not so flattering remarks been made here towards your direction.
Would you? I sure am not the only one, who'd appreciate this very much.

j d dougher. is his last name pronounced 'doubter'? I say this because I doubt we're ever going to see any of these supposed letters. I've given up on this guy. He is a prime example of the boy who cried wolf! When I see his posts, I'm expecting to hear....blah blah...blahblahblah. Whatever Dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back