Gary Aposhian (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Hi,
On 8/24/07, Gary Aposhian passed away. Gary was a poet and publisher and ran 12 Gauge Press and Freethought. Many of you may know him from his freethought newspaper that had the special Bukowski issue, including an interview with John Martin and Linda Lee Bukowski. As far as Buk went, Gary also published the "Me & Bukowski" series, the Bukowski FBI Files, and the Bukowski calendar with Montfort (which was REALLY hard to get.)

He is also the one that suggested that I give publishing a try and opened the door to Gerry Locklin and A.D. Winans.

He was 45.

Bill

I published Gary Aposhian (Writing as Gato Clemente) in a signed edition in 2002. It was only the second item that I released after starting Bottle of Smoke Press. It was a short poem called "Dharma, Betrayal and Bukowski's Plaid shirt". It is a good poem, but looking back, I was not happy with the production (my fault). In 2004, I pulled it from my catalog as I was not happy with the look of it.

I will give away 10 signed copies to the first 10 people that e-mail me. I'll even cover postage.

Please contact me at [email protected] if interested. I'll post again if the 10 copies find a home so anyone interested, please let me know asap.

Thanks.
Bill

45. That's no age. I'm only aware of some of his output. Some good things. My condolences to all who knew Gary.

Nice offer Bill, a good tribute.

Hi,
I just heard from a relative of Gary's that he died of heart failure.

About 4 years ago I called Gary and he told me that he was hanging out drinking beer with Montfort. He then said "hold on" and handed the phone to him. I was a bit blind-sided by the whole thing, really!

Bill

I published Gary Aposhian (Writing as Gato Clemente) in a signed edition in 2002. It was only the second item that I released after starting Bottle of Smoke Press. It was a short poem called "Dharma, Betrayal and Bukowski's Plaid shirt". It is a good poem, but looking back, I was not happy with the production (my fault). In 2004, I pulled it from my catalog as I was not happy with the look of it.

Hi Bill,

I just re-read the poem.

Can you tell why you were not happy with the production, color, kind of type, maybe something else?
Printer's voice is interesting.

I find it a good poem.

Ponder

Hi,
I think that it is a great poem. The problems that I had with it were quality of my work. I was using an inkjet printer at the time and I feel that it completely looks like an amateur production. I chalk it up to being an early release abd I had not figured out where I wanted to go or how to get there.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back