GREEN DAY RISING: BEFORE THE DOOKIE FLEW! (1 Viewer)

Pogue Mahone

Officials say drugs may have played a part
I would have preferred to post this to a smaller thread in some back alley where Buk lost more fights than he won and where everyone shared what they they were up to, but I fucked that one up. Anyway, I sat on these for almost 23 years and now it's time. May it bring me enough Fuck You money that I can post something new on here every day.. Thank you gentlemen and wish me luck...

gd.jpg

On July 5, 1994, Green Day was poised to emerge from the punk cocoon of 924 Gilman Street and develop into a band that has delivered a decades-long run of bird-flipping, thought-provoking and hit-making music.

But before they grabbed headlines by inciting a mass mud fight at Woodstock ‘94 and ignited the charts with blistering punk salvos like “Welcome to Paradise” and “When I Come Around,” Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool bid one last goodbye to the small-club scene of the Bay Area, playing an intimate show at San Francisco nightclub Slim’s to host a bon-voyage party that still rattles the minds of the lucky few who attended.

“Green Day Rising: Before the Dookie Flew” captures the band at the cusp of mainstream success with dozens of never-before-seen photos and on-the-scene reporting, delivering an intimate portrait of a phenomenon-to-be that obscurity couldn’t confine, genre couldn’t define and the world had no idea was coming.

Available April 25 on Amazon and other retailers.

More information at www.greendayrising.com

Good luck. I don't know how Green Day fans are, but you could have something there if they're into the band's history. I would think enough of them are old enough now to appreciate it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back