Guerilla Poetics Project

PhillyDave

“The essential doesn't change.” Beckett
Over 1000 posts
What's your opinion on just placing copies of Buk's poems, one of the manuscripts, randomly, like stuffed inside a newspaper at the 7-11 or in a coffe shop "books to browse" shelf or stapled to a telephone pole?

PhillyDave

“The essential doesn't change.” Beckett
Over 1000 posts
Don't be so hard on yourself. Your time means something...to you.

Nah, I wouldn't really go out of my way to do it. It's just my mind wandering. Maybe I should just shell out a few bucks and enroll in the project.

Hosh

hoshomccreesh.com
Over 1000 posts
What's your opinion on just placing copies of Buk's poems, one of the manuscripts, randomly, like stuffed inside a newspaper at the 7-11 or in a coffe shop "books to browse" shelf or stapled to a telephone pole?
As his current publisher, I'd say that is something that Ecco should do...as they stand to benefit from it most.

It begs the question though: do people still engage with the physical world like this...or has the digital world taken over? Case in point: some of the GPP broadsides bounce around Tumblr., Pinterest, Instagram, etc. -- reaching tens of thousands of eyes (albeit in a mainly transitory fashion). The tactile, lasting letterpress broadside is a thing people can keep and stick up on their wall...

But do people do it?

Hosh

hoshomccreesh.com
Over 1000 posts
Going through some stuff on my writing desk, I found a stack of "to be hidden" broadsides -- so I'm going to try to stick a few in little spots whenever I'm on a trip out of town. Still plenty of fun getting them out there.