Happy Birthday Hank ! (2 Viewers)

I'm planning on picking up some Henieken later and making my way through War All The Time. I'll probably also read "This is What Killed Dylan Thomas", a personal favorite.....

just enough vodks 7's to burn a couple holes in my shirt!!! alone of course,unless any old whores stop by!!

Yeah, Ditto...
Tho I'm sure you wouldn't have liked me ;)

I wonder what he would think of the world today,
12 years later and so different.
I can not imagine what it will be like 12 years from now,
Christ, 2018

To you Buk,
Toast!,
I hope someone's on the hill to pour you a beer

Happy birthday Buk! It's been 12 years since you passed and you're more popular than ever. You have certainly added to to the quality of my life!
I hope that you're all right up there with the gods and that you and them are celebrating your birthday, drinking some fine german Riesling...

Last edited by a moderator:
it's 0:20 now in Germany.

... since we tend to congratulate every important member of buknet - Here's to the Most important one!!!

"To Never end up
at All.
to be immortal in this tomb of a world
having all the cigaretts
or wine
in the world!"

(not verbatim from: 'Poem for my 43rd Birthday')

It's past midnight here too, so...

Happy Birthday, Buk! Have a big cigar and a bottle of Riesling! We all love you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hank, I've poured the last one for the both of us, "to luck". Happy Birthday old friend, and thanks.....

12:30 here.

5.gif

88 is a good number.
Tonight is a night to watch the Bukowski Tapes.
Bottle of organic red wine, smokes.
Best wishes to Linda Lee.

It's funny. The night before last, I watched a bit of "The Bukowski Tapes," and I've had a yen lately to pull out "The Night Torn Mad with Footsteps," "Slouching Toward Nirvana," "Notes of a Dirty Old Man," and "Post Office."

Scratch that.

My entire collection of Bukowski books, really, including the volumes of letters.

Now I know why I wanted to.

Happy birthday Hank, and thank you for all the work that changed me in heart and mind when I was 19, and still affects me the same way at 24.

I should request "Barfly" again from the L.A. County library system. From no other writer could you get the line, "Your mother's cunt smells like carpet cleaner."

88. double infinity.
is that even possible, double infinity?
well, Buk made most things seem possible.
Happy Birthday.

wanted to read one Buk book today and drink a lot of gut rot in honor of him

war all the time and 8$ 3L livingston red rose

I'm on Horsemeat right now and a dead man's birthday never felt so alive

happy 88 Buk!

I might be wrong but i believe you have to be alive to celebrate you're birthday.

Anyways, I've had a beer and a black russian and I'll believe I'll have that again and it's midnight, saturday, in California.

So cheers, to all my friends.

Little did I realize it was his birthday yesterday. Ironically I did watch the Bukowski Tapes too. I had a rumonade but it was for myself. But had I know I would have toasted to him.

Found out today that Madonna has the same birthday as Buk! I knew that astrology shit was real.

Madonna is 50.

I almost posted that and I didn't for fear someone would give me shit for putting her in his birthday thread. What the hell someone brought up Ham on Ryan.
Birthday 8-16
Steve Carell, Shimon Perez, Fess Parker, Angela Bassett, Robert Culp, Frank Gifford, Edyie Gorme, James Cameron Director ("Titanic") ,Timothy Hutton, Actor Bob Balaban . That's just some of the famous people who are still living.
I am boring.

my friend Kyle shares a birthday with Buk. he's 40. manages a liquor store, used to own a video store.

Slimedog; If you are serious that needs to be in a new thread. She has been cutting edge. When my son was two years old he loved:

Bukowski never did this.

Now if someone can come up with the photo of Bukowski in a Madonna T-shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back