Hello from San Francisco (1 Viewer)

Hello there. About one year ago a coworker gave me "Post Office." I was never a big reader but he suggested that I give it a shot. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I decided to pick it up and ever since then, I couldn't put it down until it was finished. I proceeded to purchase the rest of his novels and I've gone mad. Now I'm determined to read all of his poetry collections and short stories and anything else I can put my hands on. Are there any specific ones I should purchase first? In your honest opinion.

There's a thread about that, but when you ask a lot of people for recommendations, they end up recommending everything, so it isn't much use.

I would suggest that you read this before you get into the poetry.

If you don't want to read all that, the gist of it is that you should stick to the poetry collections published during his lifetime:

After you read those, you might also want to check out the most recent collections from Ecco:

Yeah, everyone has a favorite volume of poetry.

Insofar as bang-for-your-buck, I'm a fan of War All The Time because it's HUGE but my favorite collection is Love is a Dog From Hell personally.

mjp nailed it, though. You can trust him. Except with your wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back