Hello, it's good to be back! (2008 CD) (1 Viewer)

hank solo

Just practicin' steps and keepin' outta the fights
Reaper Crew
Founding member
Zweitausendeins have finally released the 1978 Hamburg reading on CD.

It's the same reading as that on the Solid Citizen CD, but this version is complete with the poems The Life of Borodin and Hot which were only previously available on the original vinyl LP. The audio quality of this CD is excellent.

The CD is €11.90 {Euros} and shipping to the UK was €9.50. The CD is pressed, not a CD-R and it comes in a standard jewel case along with a booklet that contains the full text of all of the poems in both English and German. The booklet and jewel case are enclosed in a cardboard slip case with a cut-out window. The booklet also has a few small photos by Montfort (most are in Shakespeare Never Did This) an excerpt from Ochsentour (looks like its ch. 16 of Shakespeare) and an article by Carl Weissner called 'Der große Graue mit den gelben Zähnen' (The large grey one with the yellow teeth) - but these two texts are in German only.

More info here: http://www.zweitausendeins.de/suche/?q=230068
[Tip: click 'Notieren' to put it in your 'cart', then 'Order Pad' to complete via an English language checkout. I don't think they take paypal, but you can pay with a credit card.]

(They have a sort of catalogue too - FREE with free postage - http://www.zweitausendeins.de/merkheft/ - but its printed on the thinnest, cheapest paper. Or you can download a PDF version http://www.zweitausendeins.de/cmsImgDB/MH_211.pdf)

BTW- have seen a few of these on Ebay, but German sellers tend not to accept paypal, plus they've been going above the 15 Euro mark so...

front_of_pack.jpg

booklet_rear.jpg

Would you buy one for me because I'm cute?

Er... 'sweet' cute or 'hot' cute?

:D

I wonder if there might be a DVD of this reading one day. I don't know if the whole thing was filmed, but of course there are parts of it in the German documentary of the same title.

hamburg reading dvd

I got the hamurg reading on DVD. The title is the same as the cd. It's in B/W and it have some voiceover in german, but you can hear Buks voice in background. It also shows Buk, his wife and cam crew in a boat on the river in hamburg and in their hotel, at the streets, etc. It's superb quality, but the only problem are the german voice in some part of the film. It's ca. 45 min long.

I don't know if the whole thing was filmed, but of course there are parts of it in the German documentary of the same title.

I got the hamurg reading on DVD. The title is the same as the cd. It's in B/W and it have some voiceover in german, but you can hear Buks voice in background. It also shows Buk, his wife and cam crew in a boat on the river in hamburg and in their hotel, at the streets, etc. It's superb quality, but the only problem are the german voice in some part of the film. It's ca. 45 min long.

Yes, that's the documentary I was talking about. What would be nice though is footage of the entire reading without the German voice over.

Zweitausendeins have finally released the 1978 Hamburg reading on CD.
I snoozed on this when it was available from their site, and it went out of print pretty quickly. I've had an eBay search running for a couple years and the CD has never shown up. I finally found one on discogs.com for 10 euros.

I only mention this to point out that I've recently been using Discogs to buy things that are hard to find elsewhere, and the prices are almost always more reasonable than eBay (maybe because they have a cool sales history feature so you can see what people actually pay for things). I haven't had any trouble with a seller on there (yet). Now when one of my automated eBay searches pops up something, I go check Discogs, and there are usually copies there. Copies of things I forgot I wanted.

/end discogs commercial

Oh, and this probably means I'll be selling my LP copy with the poster, if anyone is looking for that. I ripped the LP to a CD, but I'm weird and like to have the commercial CDs whenever possible. You know, so they'll have more shit to throw into the big dumpster when I die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back