hello (1 Viewer)

mike,
no I am not a hot chick, but I am waiting for a post that has SOMETHING to do with this forum. So far there have been 17 posts, most dealing with whatever pops into your head, most of the posts being one word posts.

Have you read Bukowski?

Best,
llib

llib,

first; i've seen factotum SEVERAL times, so I do know a thing or two about bukowski.
two; how the hell did you figure out my name? that's creepy
but seriously, i'm new to computers. i like the idea of chatting online. i'm not here so much to talk about buk, but to talk to people who like buk.
ice for the eagles gives me the chills everytime i read it.

They seem to think that his name is Charles J. Bukowski.
You could excuse that as a typo if his name was commonly spelled out including a middle initial, but obviously it never was. Which makes the "Charles J. Bukowski" on that page really obscene.

Ohhh... so it's not Charles Jebediah Bukowski??

What the hell was I thinking?

Oh and Ponder... I'll see you behind the bike sheds after school.
I've got some 'literature' to show you.

And did you happen to see when,
According to Bill's Harpercollins site link,
This particular Charles J Bukowski book went on sale?!

01/01/1900

This Charles J guy, wow, who knew?, we learn more every day
;)

Maybe they use a different calendar up there. You know, in the part that thinks they still live in France.

Hey it could be worse we have another province (Alberta-think of Texas without the BBQ) that thinks it is part of the U.S.-I mean the U.S. thats red necked myopic and waiting for the second coming-not at all like you swell folks

Maybe they use a different calendar up there. You know, in the part that thinks they still live in France.

No, people here do not think that we're still in France , we live in Quebec.
And yes we use the same calendar. We also have free healthcare, lot of clean water and sidewalks if you can believe it.

Yeah BS but Quebec also has this "european" mentality

Montreal's largest school board has been ordered to rehire a teacher who had been fired for failing to disclose to the board that he had killed his wife in 1990.

Jean-Alix Miguel had pleaded guilty to the crime and was sentenced to seven years in prison.

In 1998, the Commission scolaire de Montréal hired him to teach electronics to adults at a construction trade school in Montreal's east end.

The board fired him in 2004 when it learned about his criminal record, something he had not told the board about when he was hired.

An arbitrator later ruled that Miguel's dismissal violated Quebec's charter of rights, because his crime did not in any way relate to his work.

The board appealed the arbitrator's ruling to Quebec's Superior Court, but the court ruled in favour of Miguel on Wednesday.

The board has 30 days to appeal that decision.

I'm all for rights but responsibility first.
I think I am going off thread eh?
Je m'excuse

Last edited by a moderator:
No, people here do not think that we're still in France , we live in Quebec.
And yes we use the same calendar. We also have free healthcare, lot of clean water and sidewalks if you can believe it.
I know, I know. Hey, I grew up in Minnesota. That's southern Canada, for all intents and purposes.

Ah, Hüsker Dü - saw them many, many (many) times, and even shared the stage with them at 7th St. Entry/First Avenue.

Last edited:
Does Quebec have a European mentality

Well I am French Canadian and okay with my identity. With all due respect Jimmy Snerp, I do not think that it is BS to say that I don't think of myself as being European. It is just that I sense hostility in your observation.
I am here to feel Bukowski's spirit. Peace...

I found Montreal and Quebec to be amazing cities. I only visited once, but have always wanted to go back. Canadian, European, or French. It was very nice...

Bill

Thinking of it!

I suppose a few good bottles of French "Pinot Noir" a fresh French baguette and a chunk of "Crottin de Chavignole" would do it...

BS stood for Black Swan not bullshit and the hostitlity was toward the judge who let this happen. This love the villian not the victim mentality.
Je t'adore Quebec.
While the wines mentioned may work give me one of those beers that has the canoe filled with ghosts looking for souls on the label.

I was working in a record store when New Day Rising demo came out. I put it on and said what the fuck is this? It was like buzzsaws to the brain. I was hooked. Unfortunately I only got to see them once before they broke up imploded... you know.
This is a pretty long thread considering it started with one word.

I was working in a record store when New Day Rising demo came out. I put it on and said what the fuck is this? It was like buzzsaws to the brain. I was hooked. Unfortunately I only got to see them once before they broke up imploded... you know.
Well, imagine going into a tiny blackhole club and hearing them for the first time before they had recorded anything. We all said, "what the fuck is this?" They were different from the other twin cities punk bands for sure, the three of them together had a magic chemistry that none of them ever recreated after they split.

"Hardcore" eventually became a tired parody of itself, but those first few bands - Hüsker Dü, Bad Brains and the like...yeeeeoooowwww!

Turn it up!

Last edited:
Well, imagine going into a tiny blackhole club and hearing them for the first time before they had recorded anything. We all said, "what the fuck is this?" They were different from the other twin cities punk bands for sure, the three of them together had a magic chemistry that none of them ever recreated after they split.

And its those moments-that AHA what the fuck-stuff that needs to be written down, recorded.

Metal Circus Husker Du is a long way from New Day Rising Husker Du. I remember hearing that first album and going, "Holy Shit! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!" By the time New Day came out, they had evolved substatially. Sadly, I too only got to see them once, very near the bitter end in some theater in L.A. the name of which escapes me. I am still hooked on Bob Mould and all of his various projects.

And Bukowski didn't have to police a forum, what's your point?

You were posting a rapid-fire stream of bullshit, so you got a little time off to reconsider how you want to approach this. You started off on the wrong foot. Now you have another chance. Tabula rasa, as the kids say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back