Hello (1 Viewer)

Hi to you all and everyone! I'm Diogenes from Finland. Named myself after the famous cynic philopher, wonder if anyone ever heard of him...?

Well anyways, I have always loved Bukowski's work, and just thought that I might check this forum out. I'm sorry that my english is not verry good, but I try to get better, maybe I'l learn?

Hello Diogenes! Yeah, isn't that the dude who told Alexander the Great to get out of the way of the sun because he was causing a shadow to fall on him?

Yes, in a barrel, there`s nothing in the barrel ,no wine or beer or whiskey !
What the hell he does in a barrel without this ?

And David , your`e right !
Anyway , get a drink Diogenes , you need one !

Yes, you have the right Diogenes in mind. He did indeed live in barrell, or some say it was a big wine pot. And yes: it was empty.
He was a weard fellow: used to masturbate and to shit out in public...among other things... There are numerous stories and legends about him.

Hello Diogenes! Yeah, isn't that the dude who told Alexander the Great to get out of the way of the sun because he was causing a shadow to fall on him?
C'mon, David! It's one of the most famous legends on Diogenes! First Dennis Hopper, and now this. Je me fais du souci pour vous, mon ami. Hahaha!

Welcome Diogenes!
I know nothing about Finland, except Tove Jansson and some metal bands. I used to love Nightwish ("I wish I had an angel for one moment of love!"... No I'm not ashamed...) and I still listen to Apocalyptica.
Without forgetting Lordi, of course!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back