Help on 2 quotes (1 Viewer)

Hi, writing from France.
My husband is a painter and a fan of Buk. He his publishing a catalogue of some of his paintings where he quotes Buk.
As we want to be really accurate can you help us with the translation.

First quote: Letter to Stephen Kessler - January 15, 1985

Paragraph before last: I would translate something like :eek: "What is essential about writing is writing and not talking about writing"

Second quote : Letter to William Packard - March 12 1989

Long paragraph before last. Two last lines. That approximately says :eek:"By this, I don't want to say that we should consider our work like something "saint" of serious, but simply as the best thing to do.. So why not do it"

I don't think I can give more details as this is the French edition of Buk's letters and it's all in one book.
In any case thanks,
Cat

Here you are:

First quote: Letter to Stephen Kessler - January 15, 1985

Paragraph before last: I would translate something like :eek: "What is essential about writing is writing and not talking about writing"

The main thing about writing is to write, not to talk about writing.​

Second quote : Letter to William Packard - March 12 1989

Long paragraph before last. Two last lines. That approximately says :eek:"By this, I don't want to say that we should consider our work like something "saint" of serious, but simply as the best thing to do.. So why not do it"

By this, I don't mean we should take our work as a serious or holy thing, but more as just the best thing to do that there is to do. So why not do it?​

thanks so much

Thanks, guys, I was far away from it...

Cascade, my husband will be really happy.

How can I thank you ?
a few of his paintings and the address of to his site (not quite complete yet)
25-1974 .jpg 24-CASCADE .jpg Souscription Cascade Couleurs Fragments ke image.jpg

http://www.ksk2.com/

all the best,
Catherine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back