help with poem for a lost friend (1 Viewer)

Hey bukowski-ites,

There is a poem I remember reading and striking me about the perspective of losing someone who has committed suicide. The beginning of the poem is more abstract and I can barely recall any of it, but the last line is something about the people who are left behind can never understand why they left. I'm hoping it's a fairly known poem. Any help in re-locating it would be really appreciated.
A thousand thanks,

bindu

The poem is called: what's the use of a title?
and published in Burning in Water Drowning in Flame

"the beautiful are found at the edge of a room
crumpled into spiders and needles and silence
and we can never understand why they
left, they were so
beautiful."

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not the poem I had in mind. Maybe my recollection and thus description is too vague, but I do recall the poem never had the word suicide in it. It only alluded to it with the last few phrases. Again, thanks for the suggestion.

Hey bukowski-ites,
suicide. The beginning of the poem is more abstract... but the last line is something about the people who are left behind can never understand why they left.

Wow, the poem Ponder listed has some of the same words and definite vibe of what you asked in your post?

How can that not be it? Now I'm curious if there is another poem that would be nearly identical, but not the one Ponder listed.

Thanks Ponder, once I'm done here, I'm walking 4 feet to the bookshelves to re-read that one, I love it.

is Cause and Effect ...
... and has been prominently featured on the wall at our Bukowski-exhibition 2014:

Buk-exhibition_vimeo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back