hey (1 Viewer)

Hello,

I guess this is where I say hello.

I have been reading Bukowski for a little while, about five years now. I am 26 years old, so I suspect I'm a little youngin' here. I am learnin' about books at my local state college, which is situated across the street from my aparatment. Their library does not have Bukowski--then again, many libraries do not have Bukowski.

I love Bukowski as he functions very much like a homebase to return to after going through the little kind of madness that drive us all a little more bitter by the day. Used to drink a handle of Dubra every two or three days for a few years, which speaks for my mindset back then. My first novel was Bukowski's "Ham on Rye," then "The Flash of Lightning" collection, and now I'm just collecting and reading him as much as I can...he has more shelf space on my Goodwill-acquired library than any other author. I'm now committed to reading and writing as much as I can, hoping to get published sometime. Well. That's it.

Welcome aboard, Skeleton! At 26 you have lots of time to go through all of Buk's books. Don't forget to have a look at his readings too (on CD & DVD). Lots of great Buk stuff here too if you look around!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, Skeleton. Would you please put on your hooded cloak, I mean you're all nude... Read a bit in the manuscripts this morning and take the scythe with you when you leave the house, make sure it's your day. Welcome.

Welcome Skeleton ! :)

I have been reading Bukowski for a little while, about five years now. I am 26 years old, so I suspect I'm a little youngin' here. I am learnin' about books at my local state college, which is situated across the street from my aparatment.
I've done the same kind of studies !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back