Hi Bukowski fans (1 Viewer)

I've been reading Buk since the early eighties and have never stopped checking in. He had such a strong spirit and humor along with his insight...a hero of mine like the first guy to brave the climb over a hostile barricade...glad to read and be with so many others who acknowledge his life and work... Sirtup

Welcome aboard, Sirtup! You´ll find lots of interesting stuff about and by Bukowski here.

No doubt. I was thinking how different it was for Buk sitting alone and drinking in all those crap holes and dives before the internet...his connection to the outside world was a transistor radio and submitting his work by mail....the old one way street....different than the way things work now...the isolation still exists but in the middle of everything is this vast communication network....that is still an infant, but an infant like Baby Huey....and here we all are....thanks for your responses.
Sirtup

I was thinking how different it was for Buk sitting alone and drinking in all those crap holes and dives before the internet ... the isolation still exists but in the middle of everything is this vast communication network...
Heh. I believe there were never more means of communication and less real communication than nowadays. :afb:
At least where I come from.

welcome.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back