how many people here are into bike riding? (1 Viewer)

jordan

lothario speedwagon
i know at least ROC is, unless his eBay profile photo is meant to throw off bidders...

what kind of bike is that anyway?

Corima Puma.JPG

That's my Corima Puma. An old (1980s) bike that was a breakthrough when made and much copied since. I bought and restored her back to pristine condition. You see this geometry used in the veledrome more than any other.
Carbon fibre frame and wheels - great for time trialing and sprints.
I have another bike which I use more frequently. ;)

and here's the Corima with its regular road wheels and my other Sunday ride.

Corima road.JPG NR Blacktip.JPG
it's sad...I know.

you can tell those stella azzura wheels from a mile away. very cool.

i'm a mtb guy myself- this is my bike:
fxr2.jpg

i've changed some parts on it since then, but it's basically the same.

Ah, so these are the bikes Ghandi was talking about when he said modern man's greatest inventions are the bicycle and the loom...with their aerodynamic sleak look, titanium water bottles, 78giggy watt computers, and diamond plated spokes.

Sincerely,
The Fanatical Vegan of Bicycle Riding

Last edited by a moderator:
for years i cycled to and from work (roughly fifty minutes per day). i wasn't into cycling for it's own sake: it seemed the lesser of the two evils of public and private transport. what a slog though! pumping those peddles as those fat bastards flew by all superior in their smuggery...

Ah, so these are the bikes Ghandi was talking about when he said modern man's greatest inventions are the bicycle and the loom...
Actually, he was talking about bicycle looms, which are now, ironically, very rare and expensive.

Last edited:
I love cycling and find it essential for city living. In warm weather, it is the best way to get to the ballpark, lakefront, or any other typically crowded affair. Until last simmer, I averaged 100 miles per week for the last 10 years or so. I changed jobs, which required a car to take me to the suburbs, and the hours I worked were interfering with my biking time. This summer will be different. Work has settled down and I hope to be "back in the saddle" very soon. Hell - it's 60 degrees today. Let the rubber meet the road.......

I rode 60-70 miles a day with weighted down panniers for about four months to prepare/train for a 2000 mile solo bike trip. Four days into the trip I tore ligaments in my knee and that was the end of that. Ha.

Now it's just me and my dog taking it slow. If you like to ride with your dog, this is the world's greatest invention: http://www.springerusa.com/

Ah, so these are the bikes Ghandi was talking about when he said modern man's greatest inventions are the bicycle and the loom...with their aerodynamic sleak look, titanium water bottles, 78giggy watt computers, and diamond plated spokes.

Sincerely,
The Fanatical Vegan of Bicycle Riding

fuck you. also, friend, my bike is vegan down to the tires (i made sure of that), so lay off.

ps- "modern man's" greatest invention? way to marginalize 51% of humanity.
Sincerely,
Someone who thinks that you're a blowhard.

"ah, hatred! it's the only thing that lasts."

"humanity, you never had it from the beginning."

it does get somewhat tiresome seeing threads deteriorate into petty wrangling. no good for the digestion. there's hardly any consequences in needling someone here, as opposed to face-to-face encounters, so it only reflects on us, the needler and the needled.

fuck you. also, friend, my bike is vegan down to the tires (i made sure of that), so lay off.

ps- "modern man's" greatest invention? way to marginalize 51% of humanity.
Sincerely,
Someone who thinks that you're a blowhard.

Woah!? I didn't even realize I was on the attack. So be it. Although fault is mine for not letting anybody else in on the joke except myself.

Most days I think whether one rides a 3 speed huffy or some pristine $5000 Italian piece of art there is no difference, just as long as we ride. Yet I've got a radical strain and some days I see too many jokers hitting the pavement with their expensive accessories and, well, you get the picture.

Our bookshops are becoming too much like web sites. Our cars too much like living rooms. Our bikes too much like cars. Gone is the day some 12 year old kid can save up his allowance for 6 months and buy some decent bike with rims that won't bend the first time he gets a little too overzealous with his ramp jumping.

Peace (really)
PS I'm too poor to be vegan anything.

It looks like bicycles may be too controversial a subject for bukowski.net. Along with cults, looms, book pricing and poptop. We may have to institute a moratorium on such explosive and divisive hot-button topics. Peace must prevail in the cult!

Actually it works best if you have two Shih Tzu's like me. Hitch up one to each side and throw a treat ahead of them every so often. No more pedalling for me and lots of exercise for the yappers.

Can we have dogs in the Cult?

Can we have dogs in the Cult?

You better keep your dogs hidden, in case Buk's drinking partner Grammarcy comes around. You remember Grammarcy, right? The guy from the short story "A Drinking Partner" who cut out a piece off a bulldog...
On the other hand, since your dogs aint bulldogs you should be in the clear...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back