I drink to Bukowski (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone.

I'm from Croatia, not great in English, but I don't care, I had to say something to someone who knowes Charles. :)

Today I've finished my first Bukowski's book - Notes of a Dirty old man, I've been thinking about him whole day, I'm not sure what to think.

I discovered him very accidentally. Why???

Of course, I'm very drunk right now. I'm drinking good old cheep red wine. Vranac, if you really have to know. But it's not the cheapest. That's something. I'm not on the bottom of the ladder. Is that even expression? I watched Jacob's ladder recently. Great movie. Great Tim Robbins.

Who are these people who am I drinking with? Do I have any friends? Does my life have any sense?
What am I talking about, am I honest? I think noone knows me god enough. I always hide that part of me that i hate.

Did I even register on Bukowski's web site? I guess I did. Who knowes. I don't.

I wish I could drink with Him once... I have so much to ask, but I think I wouldn't say anything, 'couse I would just listen...

No wonder he was so desirable, despite the fact that he was so ugly.

The truth is so beautiful, and it's so hard to tell it...

Love you all.

Welcome aboard, Angie! 'Notes Of A Dirty Old Man' is great and City Lights has just released a second volume called 'More Notes Of A Dirty Old Man, in case you're interested in reading more 'Notes'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Angie, he probably would have had something to say to you, if only because you're a woman, and because you drink. He was a lady's man. Now, a drunk guy he might not have any words for. Welcome. You came to the right place.

Thank you. I am a woman, but I think that's one more reason why he wouldn't talk to me. :) I'm sure he would have something else on his mind.
I would say sorry 'couse of that drunk talk from the other night, but I thought you won't hold that against me. I hope I'm right. :)

Welcome aboard, Angie! 'Notes Of A Dirty Old Man' is great and City Lights has just released a second volume called 'More Notes Of A Dirty Old Man, in case you're interested in reading more 'Notes'.
Thank you. :) Well, I'm interested in more Charles, that's for sure, I don't want to stuck with notes. People will think I have a thing for dirty old men, not for Charles Bukowski. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If drunk talk was held against posters, many of us would be in trouble. Surprizingly, Bukowski might not have had anything else on his mind if he were sitting next to a single woman in a bar. He saved all that great literature for the times he was at the typewriter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back