I knew Bukowski like you knew a rare leaf now available! (update) (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

Just wanted to announce that a trade paperback of my poems, titled I knew Bukowski like you knew a rare leaf, is now available. Thanks to Trace Publications for the great production, layout, graphics and for editing the 40 poems into a logical, free-flowing format.

Books are currently on sale at the URL above and at Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh, North Carolina and The Regulator Bookshop in Durham, North Carolina. Soon they will be the Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other sites online.

Thanks for any support you can offer. Also, if anyone would care to review the book for any print or online magazine, I will be glad to provide a review copy for you.

Thanks again,

Harry Calhoun

Congrats, Harry! - I liked your dog poems very much so I'm sure these new poems will a good read too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Hosh. To paraphrase Tom Waits, selling a book of poetry is "harder than Chinese Algebra," and you probably know the context of that quote! :)

Okay, it showed up on my doorstep today, thanks to UPS. It is a slick cover, I mean literally slick. As in it's like clear teflon. I will take some time to read it a couple of times. I like what I've read so far. Why does that name Rodger Jacobs sound so familiar?

Good job on that.

Hey, thanks again for buying a copy, glad you got it. Rodger Jacobs, a.k.a. Carver's Dog, is the mastermind behind Trace Publications. It's thanks to his interest in my stuff that the book exists, and I thank him for that.

Had a very good reading this past Sunday at Quail Ridge Books here in Raleigh. Probably about 25 people attended -- good by Raleigh standards, although in Key West I was used to readings drawing in excess of 100. Just a different and less artsy atmosphere here. Anyway, I sold five books and autographed three more for the bookstore. It was fun to play "famous author" again. :)

More good news about the book -- it now has two very favorable reviews on Amazon.com and Michael Hathaway has told me that he plans on publishing another favorable review in the fall issue of Chiron Review. Also, if anyone's interested, the "Look Inside" feature is now enabled on Amazon, so you can get a free peek at at least a few of the poems.

Thanks to all who have purchased it! Appreciate your support.

I imagine you get a better part of the sale if its bought thru the lulu site, right?

Because I work for BN, but, I'd rather you get a better cut from the deal.

I knew Bukowski like you knew a rare leaf update

Hi all, the book is now available at Amazon and Barnes and Nobel online. Also, independent booksellers are offering it at AbeBooks, Borders and various other places. And it just got a favorable review at Word Catalyst magazine:

http://www.wordcatalystmagazine.com/pages96/bookreview96.html

Michael Hathaway from Chiron Review has mentioned that another favorable review of the book is coming out in the fall issue of his magazine. That's a while to wait, but I'll take what I can get. Here's the Amazon link ... you can use the "Look Inside!" feature to check out some of what's in there.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/05...?ie=UTF8&s9r=8a1086a220d2c580012115b6f19a053c

Nice review, that's what I was thinking about your writing, Harry. I'm not surprised to hear your book it getting some legs, it deserves them. It is even a bigger plug coming from a cat person.(RCat)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back