• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

I Said I Wouldn't Sell It, But . . . (1 Viewer)

Okay, I'm going to say it quickly before I change my mind. It'll be like ripping off a Band-Aid. Fast and quick!

Is anyone interested in an As New/Fine copy of Crucifix in a Deathhand? Everything is there: the paper band, the tissue paper the protects the pages with art, and Bukowski's signature.

The end. Feel free to ignore this post. Then I won't have to lie when I say, "I tried to sell it."

What part of "feel free to ignore this post" was unclear? Just kidding.

You know, it would be at least $600 or $650. Of course, as I type this, now I don't want to sell it. Decisions! Decisions!

It's pretty much perfect. Granted, the book is 40 years old so it shows some age. But it's in fantastic shape.

Hi,
Not to bust chops, but $600 is way overpriced. Even in near perfect condition it is not worth that.

There is a near fine copy on Abe for $275.

I hope that you decide to keep it as it is really a special book.

Best,
Bill

Bill is right. Unless there is something very (very!) unique about the copy you have, you don't have to worry about selling it at that price.

cinelliblack, i sent you a pm the first time you offered some items for sale a few weeks ago and i received no response. it seems to me that overpricing books and not responding to potential buyers means you don't really wanna sell...

no offense or anything...

James, I didn't get your PM. Sorry about that. I answered everyone who contacted me.

Well, if it's overpriced as you all say, then I can keep it and tell my spouse that I couldn't sell it. I don't have a problem with that at all. And I was trying to price it based on abebooks.com.

Again, James, I was not trying to ignore you. I don't remember seeing a PM from you. I'm sorry if I've offended you in any way.

cinelliblack, i sent you a pm the first time you offered some items for sale a few weeks ago and i received no response. it seems to me that overpricing books and not responding to potential buyers means you don't really wanna sell...

no offense or anything...

James, I'm sure that it was just a mistake that you didn't get an answer and nothing was intended by it. I can attest that Cinelliblack is good person and a legit seller.

One just sold at the PBA live auction for $275, that should give you some idea. A Portfolio III with 20 Tanks sold for $400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back